Project Manager, Virus Production & Development Group
Department: Technical Operations – Vector Production and Development
Location: Richmond, CA
Sangamo Therapeutics is a genomic medicine company building value with cutting-edge work across four distinct but complementary technology platforms – gene therapy, cell therapy, in vivo genome editing, and in vivo genome regulation. At Sangamo, we are passionate in developing genomic medicines to transform the lives of patients with serious diseases. We transform lives by building a robust, sustainable, differentiated, innovative, and high value genomic medicine pipeline that addresses patients with life-limiting conditions. Sangamo takes pride in being the first to edit endogenous human genes, first to treat patients with gene edited T cells, and first to treat patients with in vivo genome editing. Our top priority is to meet the needs of patients with commitment and compassion. Along with our commitment to science and to our patients, we also endeavor to create an inclusive environment that promotes and values diversity. Sangamo is a company where individuals can flourish, grow and develop their expertise.
We are seeking top talent to join our mission. Let’s build a better future together.
Sangamo Therapeutics is seeking a project manager for the Vector Production & Development Group. This group manufactures hundreds of vector lots each year in support of numerous research program at Sangamo. The primary responsibility of this position is oversight of all scheduling for vector production and coordination of customer projects. This includes maintaining the production schedule using Smartsheet software, managing requests and recording information about the vector lots in an Access database. This position will serve as the point of contact for all communication between customers and the production group. Working with the production group and the research groups this position will generate production schedules to meet tight deadlines and maximize efficiency. Additional responsibilities include ordering supplies for vector production and shipping materials to outside laboratories for testing. Excellent organizational and communication skills are essential for this position. Experience with Smartsheet software, Access database and in customer relations is preferred, but not required.
- Serve as point of contact in Production Group for all communication involving vector production
- Host vector production scheduling meetings
- Maintain Smartsheet software for scheduling vector production and testing
- Enter vector production information into an Access database
- Maintain and improve the vector ordering process
- Train new employees in the vector ordering process
- Coordinate with purchasing department to maintain key inventory required for vector production
- Coordinate and manage shipment of samples for external testing
- Project Management of Operations improvement projects.
- Responsible for records management, populating database with collected data and generating production metrics.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- A Bachelor’s degree in biological science
- At least one year of experience in project management
- Experience with the Microsoft Suite of software
- Experience in working with databases
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Familiarity with Smartsheet software is preferred, but not required
- Familiarity with Access database is preferred, but not required
- Experience as a client service rep with a CDMO/CRO is highly desired
Sangamo is an equal opportunity employer
The above reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this position but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
The above duties are representative only; management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.