Pharmacokinetics Group Leader
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Drug Metabolism, Pharmacokinetics & Translational Modeling (DMPK-TM) team at AbbVie, Inc. in North Chicago, IL is seeking a Pharmacokinetics Group Leader. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and developing a global group of scientists in charge of designing and interpreting pre-clinical pharmacokinetic studies of both small molecules and therapeutic proteins. The role will also include setting and communicating the vision for a globally harmonized workflow, ensuring efficient processes are in place to drive rapid decision making and advancing the digital strategy of the team in the context of the broader AbbVie data ecosystem.
- Manage and coach associates and oversee group operations and performance.
- Support project teams across multiple therapeutic areas and interpret results through close partnership with DMPK-BA reps.
- Maintain effective communication with relevant bioanalytical departments.
- Build and maintain effective collaborations with key stakeholders to enable knowledge and data integration
- Communicate global DMPK-BA strategies and ensure strategic use of pre-clinical pharmacokinetic studies.
- Review regulatory submission documents.
- Keep up to date with emerging literature and science in the field of Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics.
- Keep apprised of emerging in vivo models that can improve mechanistic understanding and aid in drug discovery and development.
- Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacology or related field and 6+ years of relevant experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Highly motivated, independent thinker with proven ability to work cross functionally and influence peers and other stakeholders
- Demonstrated capability to mentor junior scientists and manage in a matrix environment
- Comprehensive understanding of pre-clinical pharmacokinetics of both small molecules and therapeutic proteins including antibody drug conjugates.
- Experience with Phoenix WinNonlin is required, experience with software such as TIBCO Spotfire and electronic laboratory notebooking systems is preferred.
- Understanding of relevant analytical methods for measuring drug and biomarkers in preclinical study samples is highly desired
- Knowledge of regulatory expectations in regards to pre-clinical pharmacokinetics is desired.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment. Ability to work well in a collaborative fast-paced team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to influence
- Passion for data analysis, solving technical problems and applying new technologies to further scientific goals.
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Learns fast, grasps the "essence" and can change course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
Level and compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.