Associate Director, Consumer Innovation & Operations
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Associate Director, Consumer Innovation & Operations
The Associate Director, Consumer Innovation & Operations is part of the US CA&O Customer Experience team and will be responsible for playing an integral part of the Customer Experience team leading Enterprise Consumer Platform Innovation & Operations – leading and evolving the enterprise platforms used by Consumer marketing teams.
This role will provide leadership and support for prospect and patient marketing initiatives leading:
- CRM/Digital channel subject matter expertise and best in class operations
- Managing current state marketing maturity across the US commercial organization and leading acceleration of adoption of digital capabilities
- Evolving the consumer platforms with new capability rollout, establishing ways of working, best practices, foundational set up, operating models and use cases
- Delivering consistent enterprise usable standard ways of working, including engagement planning frameworks and tools for use by the planning team
- CRM Operations leadership – including compliance needs, industry impacts to marketing programs and vendor management
This role will also be accountable for bringing expertise and leadership support to advance the Digital Transformation key priorities. Specifically, developing and maintaining brand use cases, ensuring adherence of customer privacy and compliance practices, identifying forward future state needs for marketing initiatives.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Relationship owner for marketing database and CRM agency. Manage day-to-day database and CRM operations to ensure compliant, flawless execution. Ensure annual planning and SOWs in place to support marketing initiatives. Capture future state use cases and maintain CRM capability roadmap in partnership with IT and Marketing Analytics cross functional teams
- Program manage rollout of innovation and new capability launches – including budgetary responsibility and alignment with agency partners
- Delivery of approach and processes for engagement planning efforts across the planning team – aligning on standard methodology, tools to utilize, process and frameworks for use
- Identify, prioritize, and orchestrate strategic CRM/Digital emerging capabilities that fulfill a customer experience need for AbbVie brands. Lead Brand team awareness, pilot planning, and adoption of these new capabilities. Co-create operating models with cross-functional teams to scale these emerging capabilities.
- Manage organization marketing maturity and define model for consumer organization maturity that maps digital transformation capabilities by brand archetype. Track and measure organization maturity against the holistic archetypes from a current and future state perspective.
- Manage database marketing initiatives – how to successfully support look-a-like modeling, utilization of 1st party data, CCPA, cookieless impacts, and all forward looking initiatives to drive lead marketing efforts.
- Capture learnings and best practices for Brands to utilize when considering pilots or roll-outs of new initiatives (e.g. create go-to-market “Playbooks”) and socialize these learnings across franchise teams.
- Partner closely with Medical/Regulatory/Legal/Privacy partners to educate, lead and help AbbVie anticipate and balance organizational needs with pilots. Present capabilities and garner buy-in/feedback from senior leadership across various stakeholder functional areas.
- Troubleshoot roadblocks and identify creative and compliant solutions to facilitate forward motion of new initiatives.
- Understand long-term integration implications and potential to scale as pilots impact existing business systems across Marketing. (e.g.Adobe, Digital Asset Management, Data Reporting, Salesforce, etc.)
- Work with Customer Experience team planners to help drive the integration of key initiatives and identify new best practices to help AbbVie gain competitive advantage in the marketplace. Collaborate to develop feasibility and pilot approach for new CRM/Digital approaches.
- Provide input on the marketing technology roadmap and future best practices for the annual brand planning & strategy process.
- Identify funding needs required and communicate through brand planning and capital planning process.
- Ability to work and lead independently initiatives without day-to-day supervision
- Strong presentation skills to present complex concepts to non-technical audiences
- Able to prioritize & gracefully manage competing priorities to ensure deadlines are met.
- Collaborative nature and ability to influence and guide cross-functional stakeholders.
- Exceptional functional knowledge and expertise on digital marketing platforms.
- e.g. CRM, email marketing best practices, marketing cloud technology
- Acumen for how digital agencies operate: scope of work process/mgmt., timelines
- Inquisitive, strong analytical skills, including the ability to infer and apply learnings.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and follow-through on execution.
- Strong project management abilities and critical work tool experience.
- e.g. Excel, Visio, MS Project, PowerPoint
Key AbbVie Leadership Competencies:
- Positive “all for one” approach to team deliverables and priorities.
- Builds strong relationships to enable higher performance.
- Learns, fast, grasps the “essence” and can change course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment and open to suggestions.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing with seven to ten (7-10) years of CRM/Digital experience, including Operations and process development.
- Prior people management preferred
- Experience in identifying the business need for and developing a launch plan for new capabilities within an organization.
- Extensive project management skills and strong follow-through demonstrated across the project lifecycle.
- Proven track record of ability to influence and communicate clearly to stakeholders across all levels and various functions within an organization
- Strong experience with enterprise CRM platforms in an operational/executional capacity.
- Must have experience with Digital 1:1/CRM vehicles (email, addressable media, dynamic web), data capture techniques, application of legal/privacy terms & conditions.
- MBA or equivalent education and/or experience in Marketing, Business, or related field
- Demonstrated experience with start-to-finish planning/executing multi-channel digital marketing/CRM programs, including: websites, email, emerging media tactics, mobile (apps/sites/media/SMS), SEO/SEM, social media/social listening.
- Strong familiarity with multichannel/digital marketing tools and vendors
- Strong track record of success in managing multiple, complex project needs and collaborating across internal & external stakeholders
- Demonstrated self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Persuasive verbal and written communication skills
- Strong experience with enterprise CRM/Database/ESP platforms in an operational/executional capacity.
- Experience in pharmaceuticals or another highly-regulated industry preferred, but may not be required for a candidate with an exceptional track record of success in planning & implementing multichannel programs that can apply to AbbVie
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.