Sr. Manager, Customer Service
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Envision working with energetic colleagues and inspirational leaders. Now, place yourself in that mix; leading discussions, asking the right questions and driving results.
What Your New Manager Wants You To Know
I am looking for an experienced Senior Manager, Operational Excellence and Strategy that will drive OpEx Strategy and Excellence projects across the Customer Operations organization. You will work under the leadership of the Associate Director, Strategy, PMO & OpEx to create the strategy and implement operational excellence projects that enhance customer outcomes, create efficiency via cost improvement projects and result in value stream enhancements.
You will effectively provide leadership and enhance Operational Excellence activities through aligning, training, administrating, coaching, and project/metric tracking. Independently coach and mentor employees including management on OpEx methods and issue resolution for new and existing projects. Serves as a resource for OpEx related information. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Uses cost savings methods and procedures for the completion of new assignments and may provide guidance to other personnel.
YOU ARE more than just a title, YOU ARE…
A strategic thinker: You’re passionate about Strategy planning and work to align and excite internal stakeholders to facilitate success through strong leadership, strategic thinking and personal drive.
First class team player: Collaborate across multiple disciplines to ensure compliance and ability to influence cross-functional teams and senior leadership.
- Support the development and recommended actions of the OpEx organizational strategy that align with leadership’s vision / mission to drive (1, 3, 5 year) strategic focus and organizational maturity.
- Manage the current and future OpEx projects portfolio to certify team projects align to our OpEx mission and benefit the Customer Operations team.
- Monitor and report out key project milestones, delivery dates and quantify impacts to the greater Customer Operations Leadership Team.
- Assess site needs and trends to ensure appropriate prioritization of OpEx initiatives.
- Align departmental goals, processes, and resource allocation with the overall Austin OpEx strategy.
- Define engagement and partnership strategy with Sales Enablement and Corporate Innovation OpEx teams.
- Responsible for deploying strategic roadmaps and tactical plans that drive scales of efficiency and better customer outcomes for the organization.
- Effectively identify, drive and execute operational excellence projects / initiatives across complete customer operations organization.
- Responsible for creating an OPEX PMO Strategy that drives operational Process Improvement methodology activities using Lean Six Sigma statistical tools such as Process Mapping, Capability analysis, Design of Experiments, ANOVA, Chi Square, etc., to analyze relevant targets and cost savings.
- Responsible for the delivery of annual operational Process Improvement targets for the Austin Customer Operations Site.
- Work with local facility stakeholders to develop / deliver annual programs to optimize Process Improvements, for increased productivity and quality, and reduced waste.
- Key driver of site operational Process Improvement projects/ initiatives in line with Customer Ops and Allergan Aesthetics strategic goals.
- Provide training and mentorship as required on Lean Six Sigma tools.
- Development of site standards pertaining to operational Process Improvement metrics.
- Any other responsibilities deemed appropriate to the role.
- Min. 7-10 years’ experience in a Process Improvement role with a focus on long term strategic planning, Ideally with at least 5 years of Management experience
- Min. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Science. Master Degree Preferred.
- Black Belt qualification or equivalent (Master Black Belt Preferred)
- Commercial Operations or Customer Operations Industry Experience
- Extensive experience in strategy planning for OpEx (Short- & Long-term planning)
- Excellent project management skills
- Capable of leading large & small projects in a timely manner
- A clearly defined strategic thought process and a continuous improvement mind-set
- Demonstrate excellent problem solving skills and structured problem solving
- Confident to liaise at all levels, articulate with good presentation skills
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Ability to interact with multiple stakeholders
- An ability to work/lead effectively in cross-functional teams
- Willingness to travel
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.