Manager, Product Marketing
Akron Biotech is continuing to transform and further its rapidly growing capabilities and is now seeking highly motivated scientific professionals to join our rapidly expanding team. This role is an exciting opportunity to play a critical role within our organization that is accelerating the biotech industry’s capabilities through the development and cGMP-compliant solutions to support the development and commercialization of advanced therapies. We manufacture and distribute components and raw materials for cell therapy discovery, development, and commercialization to meet industry needs worldwide. We offer highly competitive benefits and perks to our highly valued associates.
- Lead the execution of marketing programs from start to finish by leveraging the right internal people and processes as well as Akron’s network of consultants and vendors
- Plan, execute, and maintain digital and traditional marketing instruments including website, SEO, collateral, social media, and display advertising
- Measure and report performance of all marketing campaigns and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs) and prepare and monitor the marketing budget on a quarterly and annual basis
- Conduct market research to understand competitor activities and industry trends, presenting findings to the sales team and thereby impacting sales objectives and priorities
- Write copy that makes technical concepts and ideas intelligible to a broad audience, ensuring fluid communication with the scientific community, the industry, and with the general public
- Write and disseminate press releases covering major developments at Akron in collaboration with internal stakeholders, vendors, and traditional and digital media outlets
- Maintain the resource library for product marketing and sales presentations, and ensure that relevant internal stakeholders remain aware of changes to key materials
- Participate in weekly and as needed calls with the sales team and with company leadership to review activities and plan strategy.
- Travel to conferences and trade shows, managing the arrival and organization of all promotional materials, and staffing exhibit booth as required.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- BS/MS degree in biology, chemistry, or a life science related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in pharma or biotech product marketing, technical writing, and/or project management; experience within the biotechnology and the life sciences fields is a must
- High level of self-management with ability to work independently and offer creative solutions
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and be flexible
- Work effectively in a team-based organization: collaborate cross functionally, seek broad input, build alignment around key objectives, exercise influence and support decision making
- Attention to detail with the ability to prioritize effectively and work efficiently in meeting deadlines
- Excellent verbal, written and oral communication skills, quality listener with strong consultative and project management skills
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, and Project)