Senior Scientist - Cancer Biology
• Design, conduct, and analyze in vitro and in vivo experiments to validate targets and biologics in the context of cancer therapy
• Aid in the analysis of genomic, phenotypic, spatial and molecular data from internal and external sources
• Implement cellular, molecular, and biochemical assays for investigating oncology protein target function in cancer and immune cells, as well as selection of biotherapeutics product candidates
• Collaborate with scientists across different departments to accomplish the research goals
• Participate in and contribute to team meetings by presenting experimental plans and results
• PhD degree in a relevant scientific field (e.g. immunology, cell biology, molecular biology, cancer genetics, cancer biology, molecular oncology)
• Experience in cellular biology, cancer immunotherapy, or translational research and ability to perform high quality functional assays.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of basic research experience preferably in an industry setting
• Demonstrated record of leading a team of 1-2 research associates
• Fluent in mouse in vivo models including syngeneic and xenograft tumor models; familiar with various route of drug administration (e.g. ip, iv); skilled in PK/PD analysis
• Fluent in basic cellular and molecular assays involving cancer cell lines or primary immune cells, such as multi-color flow cytometry (FACs), magnetic cell sorting, Western blotting, and ELISA
• Be able to distill complex issues and clearly articulate solutions
• Ability to collaborate, lead, influence and motivate others
• Ability to demonstrate effectiveness and growthAdcentrx Therapeutics is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, 401(k), company paid holidays, and stock options. Adcentrx Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.