Associate Director, IT Business Partnering, Genomic Data & Technologies
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
As IT Business Partner for Genomic Data & Technologies, you will be responsible for driving software, hardware, and data solutions for how next-generation genomic data is generated, managed, and utilized across BMS Research & Early Development. You will partner closely with leaders in Informatics & Predictive Sciences as well as Translational Medicine to understand current needs and future transformational technology directions. You will help define an end-to-end digital strategy for genomics, including:
- Optimizing workflow in internal sequencing labs
- Scaling the execution of high volume NGS computational pipelines
- Managing the storage and accessibility of multi-dimensional petabyte-scale data stores
- Building tools to help disseminate genomic knowledge across the company.
- Build relationships with key leaders for each biomarker platform to define an end-to-end strategy for biomarker data generation, from external and internal sources. Understand the current state workflow from sample receipt to data generation and management.
- Help define a cross-platform technology strategy for key areas such as laboratory workflow, raw data management, and data QC/processing that will maximize productivity.
- Build business cases for technology capabilities supporting this group that meet near-term and long-term needs. Articulate business value and ROI, and define detailed requirements for those capabilities.
- Collaborate with technical resources in the IT organization to ensure successful implementation. Own the ultimate delivery of value to the scientific user base.
- Collaborate with support resources in the IT organization to provide responsive, sustainable support for systems and capabilities.
- A MS or PhD in a Life Science, Engineering, Information Management or related field is highly desirable.
- At least 8 years of experience in the healthcare industry is required.
- Broad knowledge of NGS-based assay technologies is required (e.g. WES/WGS, RNAseq, CHiP-seq, single cell sequencing, CNV assays, etc.). This includes an understanding of wet-lab workflows as well as NGS data processing pipelines.
- Extensive experience with capturing and analyzing business requirements in the life sciences domain is required. Must have demonstrated experience interacting with scientists directly and building relationships across matrixed organizations.
- An understanding of the drug discovery and development lifecycle is highly desirable.
- A broad technical background is highly desirable, particularly experience with high performance computing and cloud-based services.
- Experience in Agile project methodologies is desirable.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or any part of the recruitment process direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.