Senior Scientist Protein Engineering
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
We are seeking a skilled and enthusiastic protein biochemist to join the Protein Engineering group. The ideal candidate is a scientific leader with the ability to drive innovation, solve complex technical problems, and work independently in cross-functional teams. The Senior Scientist will lead efforts for the design, characterization, and optimization of novel protein-based therapeutics to modulate immune responses against cancer.
- Lead protein engineering efforts for biotherapeutic drug discovery
- Independently develop and implement in vitro assays (biochemical and cellular assays) to support the discovery and investigation of large molecule drug targets
- Serve as Discovery Biotherapeutics representative to advance programs through different stages of development
- Drive innovation in the biologics space by contributing to internal efforts for technology development and by scouting external technologies
- Present program updates and data at meetings
- Contribute to patents, publications, and technical reports
- Ph.D. in a biological science with 2+ years of relevant academic or industry experience or Masters with 8 + years of relevant academic or industry experience.
- Strong expertise in developing target specific cellular assay readouts is required
- Experience with multi-color flow cytometry (FACS) and cell sorting is required
- Experience with cell culture and engineering experience including isolation and culture of immortalized and primary human and mouse cells and cell lines
- Strong background in molecular biology, engineering, and functional characterization
- Experience in protein expression and purification on AKTA platforms
- Hands-on experience with antibody sequence, structure, and library generation is a plus
- Experience with molecular evolution display technologies and NGS is a plus
- Demonstrated record of scientific accomplishments and publications
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to interpret results and contribute to multidisciplinary biologics discovery teams
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to multitask with creative problem solving abilities
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or any part of the recruitment process direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.