Process Development Research Scientist
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Design and implement robust workflows to run complex biological assays using automated liquid handlers, microscopes, robotic workcells and other scientific instrumentation
- Generate and experimentally test hypotheses to evaluate new workflows and methodologies
- Rigorously analyze experimental data to validate new processes and troubleshoot existing systems - present your findings
- Deliver new technologies, and techniques to allow our drug-discovery platform to effortlessly scale to 10x, 100x or even 1000x its already world-class capacity
The Team You’ll Join
You’ll join the Innovation and Scale-up team inside Recursion’s Core Operations Department. This team pulls together biologists, chemists, data scientists, software engineers and automation engineers to bring new assays to our drug-discovery platform. We imagine what “the machine” will look like tomorrow while also delivering new assays today. As an innovation team-member focused on developing robust assays for deployment on our high throughput screening platform, you will work closely with scientists and technologists to integrate industry-leading automation that generates petabytes of high-dimensional data from cells.
The Experience You’ll Need
- Demonstrated ability to develop novel methods and/or technologies to investigate scientific questions
- Experience approaching laboratory problems with an engineering mindset using statistical process control, and data analysis techniques to guide quality and efficiency
- Experience with data analysis tools and concepts (our typical tools are Python, SQL, and Splunk)
- Experience working with complex laboratory instrumentation and SBS standard microplates highly preferred
- Requires 4+ years of laboratory experience with a Masters or better in Biology, Biotechnology, Bioengineering, Physics, Applied Math or related field
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option, restricted stock unit (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) programs**
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility**
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute**
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars**
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking**
*Subject to change for remote-based employees during the COVID-19 pandemic
**United States based employees
More About Us
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science, and engineering, with the goal of radically improving the lives of patients and industrializing drug discovery. Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.