VP, Clinical Development, Neuroscience/Rare Disease
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
Lead clinical development strategy and execution for a growing portfolio of rare diseases of the central and peripheral nervous system to advance Recursion’s therapeutic discoveries to patients suffering from devastating diseases. You will have the opportunity to execute multiple unique clinical programs to impact diseases without precedent.
- Lead development strategy and refinement of the clinical plans for rare diseases of the nervous system, integrating clinical, pre-clinical, CMC, regulatory and corporate strategy. Provide leadership to clinical project teams.
- Deliver excellence in both strategy and execution of the clinical programs by working closely with internal and external partners in clinical operations, project management, biostatistics, data management, regulatory affairs, nonclinical, CMC, medical writing, and others. Conduct trials using GCP and high ethical standards and ensure compliance to these standards.
- Manage completion of all deliverables required for the success of clinical programs by performing and/or contributing to the following:
- Regulatory document preparation and review (e.g. briefing documents, applications for special designations, PIP, IND and BLA submissions)
- Writing and development of all clinical documentation including, protocols & CRF, clinical study report writing, investigator brochure
- Medical monitoring of clinical trials including ongoing safety monitoring; Regulatory safety reporting (serious AEs and periodic safety updates).
- Clinical trial data review including internal summary presentations as required
- Inspire and build relationships with clinical investigators, thought leaders and patient advocacy groups; Participate in conferences and share our breakthrough science with rare disease patients and the scientific community.
The Team You’ll Join
As the Lead in Clinical Development, Neuroscience/ Rare Disease you will be an essential member of the Recursion Development Team reporting to the Chief Medical Officer. The Development Team is an empowered, execution-minded group of business development and clinical development professionals responsible for translating Recursion’s innovative science to patients through clinical and business development activities. In your role, you will lead the strategic development of Phase 1, proof-of-concept, and pivotal studies for a portfolio of diverse therapeutic programs in an exciting startup environment. You will need a unique combination of strong fundamentals in clinical development and the ability to be creative in identifying and crafting the right strategy for diseases with very little precedent.
The Experience You’ll Need
- At least 5 years of experience in Clinical Research and/or Drug Development in Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology
- Experience in design, execution, and monitoring of clinical trials is required
- Experience in developing investigational therapies for neurological and/or rare disease is desired as is experience with/comfort in translational drug development
- Medical Degree required; MD, PhD ideal
- Capable of prioritizing tasks and delivering on deadlines with attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate successfully with multiple functions in a team environment
- Strong critical, strategic, and analytical thinking skills
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option, restricted stock unit (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) programs
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility**
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute**
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars**
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking**
*Subject to change for remote-based employees during the COVID-19 pandemic
**United States based employees
More About Us
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science, and engineering, with the goal of radically improving the lives of patients and industrializing drug discovery. Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.