CMC Drug Substance Director
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Build and lead a drug substance department
- Provide technical and managerial leadership, project management and oversight of drug substance process development and manufacturing activities supporting Recursion’s clinical programs
- Ensure delivery of drug substance manufacturing campaigns adhering to current quality guidelines
- Critically analyze process and analytical data to identify and resolve key synthetic challenges during drug substance development
- Participate in budget planning and forecasting for drug substance expenditures and ensure budget, schedules, and performance requirements are met
The Team You’ll Join
As CMC Drug Substance Director you will be an essential member of the Recursion Development Team reporting to the senior director of CMC. The Development Team is an empowered, execution-minded group of business development and clinical development professionals responsible for translating Recursion’s innovative science to patients through clinical and business development activities.
The Experience You’ll Need
- Ph.D. in organic chemistry or closely related field with a minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Strong knowledge of & experiences in small molecule drug substance process development and manufacturing best practices across all phases of drug development, from initial regulatory filings through registration, validation and launch
- Demonstration of cross-functional understanding related to drug substance development including salt/polymorph screening, phase appropriate analytical development, standard process of drug product development, quality and regulatory affairs
- Well-versed with the latest trends in drug substance technologies and the outsourcing industry
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Demonstrated track record in the areas of drug product development (authoring of CTD sections) with prior NDA/MAA preferred.
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option, restricted stock unit (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) programs
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility*
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute*
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars*
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking*
*Subject to change for remote-based employees during the COVID-19 pandemic
More About Us
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science, and engineering, with the goal of radically improving the lives of patients and industrializing drug discovery. Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.