Data Scientist Generalist
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
You will work closely with Biologists, Chemists, Engineers, and Automation Scientists to develop scalable solutions that impact our drug-discovery pipeline
- Develop novel analyses leveraging the world's largest single-source dataset of human cellular images to build a map of biology.
- Design scalable analysis tools that will be integrated into the Recursion platform. These tools will allow rapid improvements to our inference-based drug-discovery platform.
- Create and Evaluate inference strategies to discover therapeutics using Recursion’s map of human cellular biology.
- Develop visualization tools to aid biologists in the interpretation of phenotypic relationships observed in our internally derived data.
The Team You’ll Join
You will be joining a fast-growing cross-functional data science team at Recursion that tightly collaborates with ML scientists, engineers, biologists, and chemists. The main objective of the team is to develop inference capabilities of the Recursion platform.
The Experience You’ll Need
- A firm grasp of the fundamentals of probability, statistics, and machine learning.
- High fluency with the Python data stack (numpy, pandas, sklearn, etc).
- Experience working with distributed version control systems such as git and experience with peer code review.
- A track record of outstanding past projects, publications, or presentations.
- Preferred: Background analyzing biological datasets
Professional: 2+ years in industry setting on a data science team, or PhD in computational science applying ML methods to large data sets, or equivalent experience in the application of ML and analytical tools in postdoctoral work.
Senior: 2+ years postdoctoral experience in industry or academia on directly relevant subjects, and/or experience as a technical lead driving execution in these areas.
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option, restricted stock unit (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) programs
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility*
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute*
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars*
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking*
*Subject to change for remote-based employees during the COVID-19 pandemic
More About Us
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science, and engineering, with the goal of radically improving the lives of patients and industrializing drug discovery. Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.