Scientist/Sr. Scientist, In Vitro Pharmacology - Assay Development
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Develop - Apply your knowledge and hands-on industry experience to build the miniaturized assays necessary to inform on the efficacy and activity of our treatment candidates.
- Influence - Get your recommendations and proposals for the technologies, assays, and model systems adopted by the teams at Recursion and watch your ideas drive our discovery programs forward at a faster pace.
- Mentor - Utilize your management experience and growth mindset to develop the associates, scientists, or other teammates that may or may not directly report into you into the professionals they want to be.
- Collaborate - Work in a cross-functional matrix organization with translational biologists, chemists, data scientists, commercial and business development representatives, and software engineers to deliver the data necessary to move our programs forward.
The Teams You’ll Join
With treatments for hundreds of diseases in our sights, we have many teams you will be joining. Your core team identifies, builds, and executes biological assays necessary to drive Recursion’s discovery programs forward. You’ll also be a part of multiple cross functional teams composed of many diverse roles that come together to propose new programs or products and/or drive forward the current programs to the clinic and help Recursion achieve its mission.
The Experience You’ll Need
- 5+ years of applicable experience developing miniaturized cell-free and cell-based assays for small-molecule drug discovery (1536-well plate experience is a plus, but not necessary).
- An understanding of the pros, cons, and trade-offs of different plate-reader and multi-well plate technologies.
- Intimate familiarity with the industry standards for assay development such as those outlined in the Assay Guidance Manual published by NCATS.
- Demonstrated professional influence such as published papers, graduate theses, patents, and/or institutional programs or projects.
- Demonstrated experience mentoring for career development through the promotion of direct reports; and providing scientific and developmental feedback to junior associates and scientists.
- Experience selecting and managing CROs is desirable.
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option, restricted stock unit (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) programs**
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility**
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute**
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars**
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking**
*Subject to change for remote-based employees during the COVID-19 pandemic
**United States based employees
More About Us
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science, and engineering, with the goal of radically improving the lives of patients and industrializing drug discovery. Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.