Senior Scientist, Fibrosis
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Discover - Design and conduct studies required to identify and advance novel candidates that have the potential to transform the lives of patients and develop new standards of care in areas of high medical need.
- Influence - Help to guide the strategy of Recursion’s fibrosis program by conceiving novel assays and model systems. Be an expert and apply your knowledge of fibrotic pathways and biology to Recursion’s agnostic drug-discovery engine.
- Collaborate - Work in a cross-functional matrix organization with fellow biologists, chemists, data scientists, data engineers with a passion for drug discovery.
- Communicate - Independently prepare impactful presentations to the senior leadership team to allow decision-making on programs.
- Achieve - Understand the critical path and provide high-quality results.
The Team You’ll Join
As a Senior Scientist you will be an essential member of the Discovery Biology team whose focus is on applying quantitative biology approaches to enable prioritization of compound hits for further research and development. You will use your domain expertise, in fibrosis, to contribute to influence platform screens and downstream validation assays. You will report to a director of biology and be trusted to identify the most efficient way to make go/no-go decisions for relevant molecules and programs. You will need to be adaptable, self-initiating and collaborative in order to be able to produce high-quality results in a fast paced environment across multiple disease programs simultaneously.
The Experience You’ll Need
- Advanced degree (MS or PhD) in Life Sciences with experience in fibrotic indications and biology.
- 3+ years of applicable drug discovery experience
- Independently guide projects from the bench
- Successful contribution to drug discovery programs, preferably related to fibrosis
- History of outstanding past projects, publications or patents
- Experience mentoring the career development and, providing scientific guidance to junior associates and scientists
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option, restricted stock unit (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) programs
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility*
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute*
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars*
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking*
*Subject to change for remote-based employees during the COVID-19 pandemic
More About Us
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science, and engineering, with the goal of radically improving the lives of patients and industrializing drug discovery. Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.