Senior Manager, Contracting & Pricing - GT/ Government
This role ensures all operations and execution are aligned with managed markets strategy as well as corporate policies and procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
- Leads gross to net forecasting to ensure accurate forecasts and enables the business to make informed decisions. This includes gross to net forecasting operations such as modeling, model management, modeling pricing scenarios, GTN team coordination, and assisting in GTN accrual management. For 2021, this role will lead the GTN solution implementation project from a business subject mater expert perspective.
- Leads the process and 3rd party vendor for State Price Transparency Reporting. This includes establishing a process for monitoring state requirements, proactively identifying Avanir requirements and leading the development of reports through the approval and submission process, informing leadership of relevant changes with recommendations on Avanir actions. Ensures accurate and timely report submissions and maintenance of historical records.
- Oversees Government Pricing operations including the 3rd party vendor and Government Pricing Consultant to ensure all calculations and processes are performed according to approved policy and procedures. This includes ensuring accurate reporting and timely internal communications to ensure alignment. Meets all deadlines and ensures effective overall operations.
- Assists as needed in contract modeling, contract modeling solution management and support for Account Executives. This includes contract set up in the contracting solution, modeling of various scenarios, assisting Account Executives and solution management.
- BS/BA degree required
- MBA or similar is preferred
- 10+ years of experience from a combination of market access contracting and financial modeling or equivalent experience. Understanding of pharmaceutical coverage and reimbursement preferred.
- Demonstrated ability of developing and managing complex pricing and/or financial models
- Ability to interpret and develop complex financial models to evaluate impact of managed care contracting scenarios
- Strong proficiency in MS Office tools with a focus on Excel
- Strong communication skills including writing and presenting
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cross functional organization
- Ability to lead a team as well as lead without direct authority
- Track record of success
“This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.”
This position primarily works in an office environment. It requires the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and frequent walking. Daily use of a computer, phone, office equipment and other computing and digital devices is required. May be required to stand for extended periods when facilitating meetings or walking in the facilities. Some local travel may be necessary, so the ability to travel by plane, operate a motor vehicle and maintain a valid Driver’s license and/or effectively navigate public transportation is required. While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee must be able to read and respond to interoffice communications as well as effectively participate in meetings. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to lift up to 20 lbs., pull, push, carry, handle or feel. The employee is required to carry, handle items, reach with arms and hands, to stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. Mental demands may require prolonged concentration, reading comprehension, understanding and interpretation of concepts, ideas and philosophies. The physical demands of the position described herein are essential functions of the job and employees must be able to successfully perform these tasks for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with real or perceived disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job described unless such accommodations would cause Avanir an undue burden.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the job holder will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job unless such accommodations would cause Avanir an undue burden. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving carts, mechanical equipment (copiers, computers, coffee machines) and vehicles. May be subject to smells and odors. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The passage of employees through the work area is average and normal
As an equal opportunity employer, Avanir Pharmaceuticals is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation transgender status, gender identity, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. All Avanir Pharmaceuticals employees, officers, principles, agents, and representatives are expressly prohibited from engaging in unlawful discrimination. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Avanir Pharmaceuticals will reasonably accommodate any qualified individual with a disability if such accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions or the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship.
Avanir Pharmaceuticals shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR-60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.