Arranta Bio is a rapidly growing and dynamic bio-pharmaceutical contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO). Our vision is to be the best in class CDMO providing development and GMP manufacturing services to microbiome innovators within the pharmaceutical industry. Therapies focused on the human microbiome are exhibiting incredible potential towards revolutionizing disease etiology and associated medical treatments. Arranta Bio’s mission is to build a world class organization which provides microbiome bio-pharmaceutical innovators with a single source of supply from early process development through clinical and commercial GMP finished product.
WHO ARE WE
Arranta hires people who are committed and passionate to the goal of bringing life enhancing products to patients. We want top talent who will render ideas and a relentless desire towards accomplishing our mission; when a job becomes a passion, it makes you feel ALIVE.
Here at Arranta Bio, we embrace ALIVE – our core values that we live and breathe daily! We are Agile, Leading, Innovating, Value Creating, and Engaging.
We embrace our challenges as opportunities.
We are empowered to think and act.
We never settle; we strive to improve through purposeful creativity.
We build aligned teams who learn, grow, and deliver.
We are committed to building strong relationships.
Are you ready to come ALIVE with a daring and intrepid team? Don’t wait another minute; Apply today!
The Manager, Plasmid Planning, maintains a holistic view of plasmid manufacturing activity for the operating site, ensuring manufacturing planning functions as the “control tower” providing all planning and reporting required to enable operational success; maximizing OTIF performance and customer satisfaction by managing the creation, maintenance, and evaluation of all manufacturing plans, and proposing and escalating required management interventions addressing constraints and trends across all facets of manufacturing planning and performance. This role leads site plasmid planning activity and is responsible for continuously assessing and improving the capability and robustness of all planning processes in a low volume, repetitive, make to order environment to effectively operate and minimize risk to the business while maximizing operational performance and stakeholder satisfaction throughout the site and network. Operates cross-functionally to actively shape and drive the development and execution of metrics, analyses, new process implementation, and process improvement. This is a managerial role for a single site and reports to the Head of Supply Chain
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop, administer, maintain, and improve end-to-end manufacturing planning processes, including, but not limited to, supply planning, master scheduling, material and inventory planning, capacity planning, and operational reporting. Lead planning in the evolution from startup to a fully integrated systems approach, recognizing short and mid-term gaps and vulnerabilities, and mitigating associated risks by rapidly standing up and maturing planning processes.
- Develop and maintain planning and operational KPIs measuring the operating health of the site and its ability to meet short-term and ongoing customer expectations and financial objectives. Alert cross-functional stakeholders and the management chain of command to all observed issues, their potential implications, and formulate, drive and escalate required countermeasures as needed.
- Work collaboratively with Manufacturing, Process Development, and Technology Transfer; establishing schedules to meet contractual obligations and to create and maintain bills of materials for manufacturing, process development, and technology transfer campaigns.
- Monitor the manufacturing, process development, and technology transfer schedules as they relate to raw material inventory and consumption and ensure raw materials are procured and on-hand to ensure on-time delivery of production schedules. Collaborate daily with Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Quality Control, and Quality to resolve raw material issues, scheduling conflicts, inventory levels, and delivery requirements.
- Develop raw material supply and quality risk assessments for all BOM items, create risk mitigation plans for high-risk materials, and execute risk mitigation plans to ensure uninterrupted drug/material supply. Develop an inventory policy based on supply chain risk and manage demand forecasting, raw material and inventory planning, and raw material and safety stock levels to prevent manufacturing or development delays in a highly complex environment managing multiple BOMs, WIPs, and technology platforms.
- Work cross-functionally with manufacturing and process development to model various scenarios facilitating go/no-go decisions.
Experience and Skills
EDUCATION AND/ OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Operations, Business, Industrial Engineering, or related field; Master’s degree in Supply Chain, Operations Management, or Business Administration (MBA) preferred
- Seven years of experience in supply chain or manufacturing planning and operations
- Five years of demonstrated people management experience
- Advanced knowledge in supply planning (Master Production Scheduling, Materials Requirement Planning, Capacity Planning) processes with demonstrated experience building, standing up, and maturing end-to-end manufacturing planning processes
- Advanced ERP skills; Microsoft Dynamics preferred, or Tier 1 experience in Oracle or SAP
- Advanced analytical skills using purpose-built statistical software, i.e., Minitab or JMP, Access, or Excel, including complex pivoting and data mining
- Certified in production and inventory management or supply chain management; APICS CPIM, CSCP, or ISM CPSM preferred
- Lean, Six Sigma, or Lean Six Sigma credentials preferred; green belt or higher
- Expertise functioning within a formal business management system such as Toyota, Danaher, Ingersoll Rand, Honeywell or similar structured methodology preferred
- Prior cGMP regulated experience in pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry a plus
- Manufacturing and supply chain acumen. Direct experience with a consistent record of demonstrating significant, quantifiable success and achievement in complex manufacturing and supply chain environments is essential.
- Business partner. Maintains a strong commercial orientation and a proven ability to partner with line managers and operating teams to drive and monitor performance and to develop strategic plans that elevate process and operational performance.
- Leadership presence. Comfortable being uncomfortable, consistently displaying sound judgment, and a passion for excellence, with a solution focus, promoting process improvement across the site. Ability to interact with the site and senior management in a manner that instills confidence and respect at all levels of the organization.
- Effectively Consumes Data. Good at identifying trends and interpreting data with a clear ability to connect the dots; understanding how behavior and decisions in any part of the system influence overall system dynamics. Examines scenarios from multiple perspectives, asks the right questions to gain additional insights, understands potential implications in a fact-based manner, and formulates and drives appropriate interventions and countermeasures.
- Acts with urgency. Instinctively takes the initiative while thoroughly understanding and operating in the context of the big picture, key drivers, and what we can accomplish; relentlessly pursues rapid improvement and excellence over a crawl toward perceived perfection.
- Owner’s mentality. Embraces accountability and maintains an owner’s mindset – takes action: see something, say something, do something; protects and promotes culture, protects and grows the business, and develops others.
- Attention to detail. Displays accuracy and precision in the creation of all deliverables and in carrying out all facets of responsibility.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- The employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- In the performance of the duties of this job the employee is required to travel occasionally, drive a motor vehicle.
- Communicate using telephone and e-mail.
- Phone reimbursement policy for qualified individuals
- Free parking
- Highly competitive healthcare with many plan options:
- Medical (HMO/PPO/EPO)
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Up to 10 weeks of 100% paid maternity leave
- 2 weeks of 100% paid paternity, domestic partner, & adoption leave
- Educational assistance program
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 100% match on first 5% deferred.
- A suite of Arranta Bio paid insurance coverage, including life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- Employee Referral program
- Competitive PTO plan, in addition to 10 company paid holidays (includes 2 floating holidays)