Research Associate /Scientist - Cell Therapy (Analytical Development) (CONTRACT)
Manager: Associate Director, Cell Therapy Technical Development
Department: Cell Therapy Technical Development
Location: Brisbane, CA
Sangamo Therapeutics is a genomic medicine company building value with cutting-edge work across four distinct but complementary technology platforms – gene therapy, cell therapy, in vivo genome editing, and in vivo genome regulation. At Sangamo, we are passionate in developing genomic medicines to transform the lives of patients with serious diseases. We transform lives by building a robust, sustainable, differentiated, innovative, and high value genomic medicine pipeline that addresses patients with life-limiting conditions. Sangamo takes pride in being the first to edit endogenous human genes, first to treat patients with gene edited T cells, and first to treat patients with in vivo genome editing. Our top priority is to meet the needs of patients with commitment and compassion. Along with our commitment to science and to our patients, we also endeavor to create an inclusive environment that promotes and values diversity. Sangamo is a company where individuals can flourish, grow and develop their expertise.
We are seeking top talent to join our mission. Let’s build a better future together.
Sangamo Therapeutics is seeking a CONTRACT Research Associate or Scientist to join our Cell Therapy group, focusing on development of the next generation of cellular therapies. The successful candidate will contribute to the advancement of our Treg platform. The environment is teamwork-oriented, exciting, fast-paced, and offers the opportunity to directly impact the clinical translation of genome editing.
- Perform multiparameter flow cytometry analysis of PBMCs and/or iPSCs and their derivatives. Develop robust new panels for phenotyping and other flow-based immunoassays.
- Perform gene expression analyses by RT-PCR or related methods.
- Support lab management and infrastructure.
- Document methods, maintain laboratory notebooks and databases.
- Make detailed observations, summarize data, present progress to project team and/or other groups
- Maintain high level of professional expertise through familiarity with scientific literature. Investigate, create, and develop new methods and technologies to address research challenges for project advancement
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in a scientific discipline (preferably immunology or molecular and cell biology) with at least 5+years of experience in industry and/or academia. Level will be dependent upon education, skills, and experience.
- A thorough understanding of molecular biology and stem cell biology.
- Highly proficient with aseptic cell culture techniques and cell-based assays.
- Experience in stem cell expansion and differentiation is desired.
- Highly proficient in multiparameter flow cytometry and experienced in applying rigorous, standardized methods to generate high quality data using FlowJo.
- Proven laboratory experience with different molecular biology techniques including and not limited to nucleic acid extraction and real-time qPCR.
- Ability to execute experiments independently, troubleshoot molecular techniques and evaluate data of moderate complexity
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented, organized with ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Demonstrated ability to document procedures and results and keep accurate detailed records.
- Must have a goal-oriented mindset, be capable of prioritizing and working on multiple projects within timelines.
- Ability to work well in a cross functional team environment.
Sangamo is an equal opportunity employer
The above reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this position but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
The above duties are representative only; management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.