Copy Supervisor - Pacific Communications
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Envision working with energetic colleagues and inspirational leaders. Now, place yourself in that mix; leading discussions, asking the right questions and driving results. All while wearing jeans to work!
YOU ARE more than just a title, YOU ARE…
• A Creative Lead. You are responsible for copy development and oversight on assigned brand and working closely with Editorial, Art, and Account partners to ensure that clients are satisfied with the quality of our creative work, the value of our services, and our responsiveness to their needs.
• A Communicator with Clients. You will demonstrate to clients an understanding of assigned brand(s) and relevant marketing challenges and is responsive to their strategic and creative needs.
• Work with others. Works with Art partner to produce and present Brave, Authentic, Inspiring ideas and multi-channel tactics.
• The lead writer on print, video, and digital projects with minimal supervision
• Work under pressure. Manages and works independently, often under tight deadlines, while juggling multiple projects
• Collaborate effectively. Contributes to development of brand messages. Participates in client meetings. Participates in MLR reviews as needed. Attends market research as appropriate. Maintains good relationships with clients. Works closely with Art, Editorial, Traffic and Project Management to ensure jobs are on track with deadlines and budgets
• Work independently. Manages their own workload and those of direct reports to maximize productivity and maintain billable hours
• Represent the team. Represents the agency at client meetings with other team members. Assures that all supervised copywriters are trained and mentored to maintain the expectations of the agency and the client, and to meet their own career goals
This position can be located in Irvine CA or remote work may be considered.
• At least 5 years advertising agency experience, preferably some in the pharmaceutical
• A proven track record of creative ability and judgment; successful client contact experience; collaborates successfully with Art and Account; good presentation skills; a strong interest in science and healthcare; understanding of MLR review processes and requirements; strong copywriting skills in all media
• Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.