Associate Director, Patient Outreach Solutions and Digital Evolution
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an innovative, patient focused organization that continuously strives to provide exceptional patient experiences. This position is a critical leadership role within US Commercial Business Technology Solutions (BTS), responsible for providing appropriate technology consultation, guidance and leadership to AbbVie’s Patient Outreach organization to achieve planned strategic objectives.
This prospective candidate will be accountable to plan, develop and lead roadmap necessary for BTS organization to deliver Patient Outreach technology capabilities successfully, which includes both legacy and upcoming modern CRM ecosystems. The candidate will work with Business leaders and their staff to document business, financial, and operational demands of existing and new CRM ecosystems, as well as have oversight to the implementation of enhancements to existing systems and migration of capabilities to the new CRM ecosystem. Additionally, the candidate is expected to proactively identify areas of opportunity, process improvements, and cost efficiencies across the Patient Outreach CRM ecosystems and lead objective discussions with Patient Outreach and BTS leaderships teams.
In order to be successful, the candidate is expected to have techno-functional experience around CRM ecosystems and other technology capabilities enabling Patient 360 databases, Field-team Capacity management, Engagement Journey Mapping, Patient Interaction management, Patient Transfers, Calendar/Scheduling tools, Vacancy management, Survey management, Digital Resource/Material management, Digital and Productivity Tools Evolution, Ops & Tactics/Sequence, Interactive Training Add-ons, Data and Insights management, Decisioning/Orchestration management and how these different solutions interact with each other to enable Patient Outreach business outcomes. Candidate will be accountable to plan, develop and lead roadmap necessary for BTS organization to deliver Patient Outreach technology capabilities successfully.
This role will collaborate with Patient Outreach Business leads, Patient Care Model Operations, Patient/Consumer Technology Services and Architecture BTS, Enterprise BTS and Vendor partners across a highly matrixed organization, to impact and influence development of both existing and upcoming technology solutions leveraged within the Patient Outreach function. Success of the candidate will be measured based on BTS’s performance to strategic roadmap, timely management of risks, development insights related to industry trends and benchmarks, and management of opportunities for improvement.
- Techno-Functional Consulting & Influence:
- Collaborates with stakeholders within US Patient Outreach business organization and its partners to understand business strategy, priorities, business processes and business drivers influencing the Patient Outreach business roadmap.
- Identifies, prioritizes and communicates resulting demands and opportunities to create a BTS technology roadmap for Patient Outreach function driving evolution of both existing and upcoming technology solutions.
- Establishes current and future state capability blueprints for Patient Outreach Capabilities articulating different Engagement Models, Salesforce CRM, Engagement Journey Mapping, Digital and Productivity Tools Evolution, Ops & Tactics/Sequence and Data/Insights Management.
- Program Management and Accountability:
- Significantly contributes to planning of upcoming strategic CRM platform evolution initiative.
- Elicits and diagnoses strategic business requirements for initiatives and programs. Provides advice and counsel regarding effective system utilization to meet business requirements.
- Uses technical consulting skills, expertise and collaboration to translate business requirements to functional requirements for technology delivery team.
- Establishes periodic business reviews with key stakeholders, executive sponsors, and working team members to share program oversight, timeline & budget tracking, and progress updates.
- Assessments/Optimizations/Process Improvements:
- Collaborates with BTS leadership, Business partners and Vendor partners to conduct periodic benchmarking exercises against industry trends/standards to ensure a drive for capability evolution and operational excellence.
- Continues to develop and manage effective knowledge forums for sharing trends that impact BTS strategy and roadmap; collaborate with business to adjust BTS roadmap.
- Determines alternative delivery mechanisms.
- Makes contributions to identifying overall process and/or technology improvements.
- Recommends cost-savings initiatives and drafts BTS workplan for approved initiatives.
- Liaison Relationship Building:
- Builds collaborative relationships and effectively interacts with business and/or technology senior leadership and vice presidents. Interactions focus on top priority project and influencing strategic decisions.
- Interacts well with diverse groups across business and technology functions and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators.
- Consistently demonstrates AbbVie's Ways of Working and Leadership Attributes including an enterprise mindset and people leadership.
- Effectively utilize all available resources, either within or outside of direct span of control, to manage diverse workload, maximize productivity and encourage innovation.
- Negotiates, secures, oversees and ensures that resources are available to enable the successfully execute against planned BTS roadmap of Patient Outreach organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer science or related discipline required. MBA preferred.
- Experience in business consulting, program management, business systems analysis and software development
- Ability to understand and communicate potential impacts of emerging technologies on people, process and solutions and can analyze the risks of using or not using such technologies.
- Key competencies include knowledge of pharma industry, preferably in technology; Enterprise thinking with ability to build credibility within the organization; Strong verbal, written, presentation and communication skills with ability clearly articulate problem statements and recommendations to leadership team.
- Strong, proven experience across multiple patient services functions such as Access, Reimbursements, Hub operations, Nursing service, Patient Marketing and others
- Knowledge of Salesforce and other platforms of activation/engagement. Must have experience in leading and executing platform migrations with proven track record of success.
- Must be comfortable with ambiguity; demonstrate problem solving and creative thinking skills, and ability to lead development of roadmaps and plans.
- People leadership including performance management and development.
- Bachelor's Degree with 9 years’ experience; Master's Degree with 8 years’ experience; PhD with 4 years’ experience.
- 3-4 years supervisory and employee development experience. 2-3 years strategic IT planning experience.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.