Specialist, Change Management
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Change Management Specialist will be involved at the beginning of projects to ensure change management activities are integrated. She/He will create and implement change strategies and the supporting plans for each assigned project to maximize employee adoption and usage and minimize resistance. This role will also help support Manager, Operational Excellence and Change Management to ensure communications are cadenced appropriately based on the needs of the business.
- Apply a structured change methodology and establishing best practice.
- Execute the communication needs of the Evidence Solutions initiatives and projects to help ensure we are communicating changes at the right time and with one voice.
- Coordinate with project managers to integrate Change Management activities into project plans.
- Collaborate across Evidence Solutions to embed change management practices across all key functional areas.
- Create the training plan for projects to ensure consistency in approach and employee experience.
- Create communication plans, key messages and content for project initiative.
- Develop training content and materials, including process guides, FAQs, job aids, instructional guides, portal content, playbooks, and presentations.
- Create and maintain Change Management networks on projects and portfolios.
- Assess change impact of initiatives in order to streamline impacts and reduce change fatigue.
- Identify change impacts of projects to identify stakeholders & the sponsor(s) needed to engage and support change.
- Support the leaders and project team members, as required, to help them drive change effectively and achieve intended business results.
- Support project success by leading stakeholder outreach and engagement efforts to ensure awareness, understanding, buy-in, and support.
- Manage resistance by identifying and analyzing anticipated resistance and creating mitigation tactics.
- Define and measure success metrics and track progress of change initiatives. Maintain and refresh change management documentation and stakeholder trackers.
- Bachelor's degree
- 4+ years change management and communications experience.
- Change management experience within HR or Talent Management functions a plus.
- Change Management certification preferred but not required.
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools
- Strong understanding of the change process and how people experience and respond to change differently.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with audiences of all levels and ability to convey ideas and recommendations in a clear, compelling and succinct way.
- Strong logical and analytical problem-solving skills
- Strong business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges.
- Strong understanding of the different ways that people learn and how to apply that to both communications and training plans to accommodate and address those needs.
- Easily adaptable to new environments and embrace ambiguity.
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to engage and influence people towards a common vision or goal.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships – both in person and remotely.
- Must have a collaborative working style.
- Ability to articulate messages and adapt communication style to a wide variety of audiences.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.