Scientist DMPK - Biomarker Analysis
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Bioanalytical team at AbbVie in Worcester, MA is seeking a creative, experienced, and highly motivated scientist to develop and implement bioanalytical biomarker methods to support the discovery and development of novel therapies in multiple therapeutic areas. The ideal candidate will support local Immunology discovery projects with ligand binding methods, ex-vivo stimulation parameter optimization, pre-analytics (sample processing steps); and be key member of a global biomarker bioanalysis team supporting all AbbVie therapeutic areas with fit-for-purpose methods to enable discovery and development stage decision making.
- Develop, validate, transfer, and troubleshoot robust ligand binding biomarker assays on multiple analytical platforms across a variety of sample matrices with supervision.
- Conduct and document appropriately compliant biomarker sample testing to support non-clinical and clinical studies.
- Develop effective partnerships with discovery, preclinical safety, clinical pharmacology, and project team representatives in a culture of collaboration and innovation to deliver timely data of high impact
- Evaluate novel, pipeline-enabling, assay technologies to expand capabilities and enhance efficiency
- Maintain laboratory notebooks in compliance with AbbVie policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Immunology or related field and a minimum of 3 years of experience or minimum of 2 years of experience with Master’s degree.
- Knowledge of LBA biomarker bioanalytical assay development, validation practices, and sample testing workflows to comply with current regulatory standards and best industry practices.
- Working knowledge in multiple analytical platforms, including ELISA, MSD, ex-vivo stimulation pre-analytics, and emerging technologies
- Familiarity with PK/TK and immunogenicity bioanalytical method development approaches
- Excellent communication skills, proven ability to work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Working knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices (GLP), Good Clinical Practices (GCP), and GCLP compliance models is a plus.
- Demonstrated capacity to work in a fast-paced environment with meticulous attention to detail, and an ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize work, and meet deadlines.
- Experiences with Simoa or other ultra-sensitive platforms is a plus.
- Working knowledge with Watson LIMS system is a plus.
- Key Stakeholders: AbbVie Discovery scientists, bioanalytical colleagues, project team representatives, and DMPK-BA leadership
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of the immediate team to enable higher performance
- Learns fast, grasps the “essence” and can change course quickly where indicated
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experiments to drive the science in the field of interest
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.