Senior Director, Financial Accounting and Reporting
Senior Director, Financial Accounting and ReportingAllakos Inc. is a clinical-stage company developing therapeutic antibodies for inhibitory receptors on the surface of immune effector cells involved in allergic, inflammatory and proliferative diseases. Allakos is committed to developing innovative therapies that transform patients’ lives. We are looking for bright and talented individuals to join our team and share in our passion and commitment to improving the lives of patients.
As a key member of the Finance leadership team, the Senior Director of Financial Accounting and Reporting will be responsible for all aspects of the accounting close process, financial reporting process, and SEC reporting process, including working closely with the external auditors and the Company’s internal audit team to refine and support an effective internal control environment.
- Develop new, and improve existing, financial policies, procedures and controls that will support the Company’s growth and increasing complexity, including new processes for revenue and cost accounting, associated with upcoming commercialization efforts.
- Serve as the Finance lead in supporting the Company’s planned ERP upgrade; oversee the design, documentation and testing of resulting process changes and associated internal controls.
- Responsible for accurate and timely quarterly and annual financial close processes, as well as the preparation and submission of the Company’s SEC filing requirements.
- Own the SOX management program, including interactions with the Company’s external auditors and internal audit team.
- Manage the Company’s tax reporting and filing requirements.
- Position reports to the Vice President of Finance.
Qualifications and Expertise:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- Minimum of 5 years biotech/pharma industry accounting experience (10-15 years’ total experience).
- Experience at late stage clinical or commercial stage company strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of basic drug development and manufacturing processes.
- Experience working with Intacct and/or Oracle Fusion strongly preferred.
- Self-starter, independent thinker with ability to operate independently and as part of a team.
- Highly motivated and committed to improving processes.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and project management skills, including the ability to work effectively with multiple functional areas in a collaborative, team environment.