R&D Accountant / AnalystAllakos Inc. is a clinical-stage company developing therapeutic antibodies for inhibitory receptors on the surface of immune effector cells involved in allergic, inflammatory and proliferative diseases. Allakos is committed to developing innovative therapies that transform patients’ lives. We are looking for bright and talented individuals to join our team and share in our passion and commitment to improving the lives of patients.
- Maintain financial accounting models used to recognize and forecast research and development expenses for activities performed by various Contract Development and Manufacturing Organizations (CDMOs) and nonclinical Contract Research Organizations (CROs).
- Perform detailed reconciliations of purchase agreements, contract budgets, bills, and payments for each of the Company’s primary CDMOs and CROs.
- Serve as liaison to the Research and Technical Operations departments on all matters related to the status and timing of ongoing R&D activities.
- Partner with Finance’s FP&A group on various budgeting and forecasting projects, as well as budget-versus-actual analyses.
- Contribute to quarter-end close processes including, but not limited to, the preparation of general ledger reconciliations and recording of expense recognition journal entries.
- Assist with facilitating key aspects of quarterly reviews and audits of the Company’s financial statements.
- Ensure internal controls surrounding contract R&D accounting are operating effectively, including SOX 404(b) compliant documentation of owned processes.
Qualifications and Expertise:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Minimum of 2 years biotech/pharma industry accounting experience (3-5 years total experience)
- Experience at late stage clinical or commercial stage company strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge of basic drug development and manufacturing processes
- Firsthand R&D accounting experience
- Experience working with Intacct and/or Oracle Fusion strongly preferred
- Self-starter, independent thinker with ability to operate independently and as part of a team
- Highly motivated and committed to improving processes
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and project management skills, including the ability to work effectively with multiple functional areas in a collaborative, team environment