We are looking to hire a Senior Toxicologist to join us in our mission to discover and develop drugs that improve human health through the use of breakthrough computational methods. We are seeking outstanding individuals to join our drug discovery group and contribute to our rapidly expanding portfolio of drug discovery programs and collaborations.
Our drug discovery and early clinical development team includes a cross-functional group of scientists and drug developers with experience working on all common target classes and therapeutic areas. The group is supported by more than 100 software developers and engineers as well as a large-scale compute infrastructure to apply our proprietary physics-based drug design and optimization platform. Ten of the programs we've worked on have progressed into preclinical development with four currently in clinic trials and one approved by the FDA.
Who will love this job:
- A highly self-motivated individual with extensive experience in the design and management of safety pharmacology, exploratory and GLP toxicology studies
- Flexible and able to handle multiple projects in a timely and effective manner at various stages of discovery, preclinical and early development
- A toxicology study manager who enjoys working as part of a cross-functional translational team and has served as a coordinator in CRO partner relationships
- A highly-organized problem-solver who has excellent communication, presentation, and critical thinking skills
What you will do:
- Lead toxicology strategy and tactics in discovery, preclinical development and through IND filing with a focus on understanding/assessing the human risk of novel therapeutic targets and/or understanding mode of action for toxicity in nonclinical studies
- Participate in multi-disciplinary team efforts and implement program-specific toxicology strategies to support compound and program progression
- Serve as the internal study directory and primary point-of-contact with CRO partners, interacting with technical, veterinary, and scientific staff
- Monitor outsourced GLP and non-GLP studies ensuring compliance with the protocol, any amendments, regulations, safety guidelines, a and standard operating procedures
- Write and review toxicology reports and documentation for regulatory filings, and participate in in-person regulatory interactions, where needed
What you should have:
- DVM or equivalent degree, or a PhD in toxicology or biomedical sciences with a minimum of six years of industry experience preferred
- A passion for working on diverse cross-functional teams as a functional area representative and communicating openly and often with colleagues
- An understanding of and experience with Good Laboratory Practices (US FDA 21 CFR Part 58) and familiarity with FDA's guidelines on safety regulation for both non-oncology and oncology
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it's people that make a company great. Because of this, we're prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work for the past three years running.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.