Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Develop and implement a new formulation effort at Recursion, enabling the preclinical screening of molecules to identify clinical assets.
- Develop and screen investigational small molecule dosing formulations for a broad and expanding drug discovery pipeline.
- Conduct stability studies of formulations.
- Support formulation development of IND-enabling safety studies as well as assessing the clinical developability of candidate molecules.
- Characterize physical and chemical properties of investigational small molecules using x-ray diffraction, differential scanning calorimetry, microscopy, thermogravimetric analysis and dynamic vapor sorption.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional internal teams such as in vivo Biology, Chemistry Manufacturing and Controls (CMC), drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics (DMPK) and drug development to provide technical expertise on dose formulation issues affecting programs from early discovery to development.
- Identify and engage with qualified contract research and manufacturing organizations.
- Work collaboratively with the Analytical Chemistry department to develop and utilize the analytical methods required to perform dose formulation studies.
The Team You’ll Join
While reporting to our Director of Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics (DMPK), you will be a part of an inclusive discovery research organization working within the dynamic and innovative environment at Recursion. The importance of the optimized dose formulation during drug discovery and development results in representation in most project teams, continually engaging our team in a collaborative cross functional effort to provide therapeutics to patients with unmet needs. We are expanding our in-house capabilities and are looking for a creative and curious colleague who is able to prioritize multiple tasks.
The Experience You’ll Need
- Minimum of MS or PhD in a chemistry or pharmaceutical sciences discipline
- 3+ years of relevant industrial experience
- Solid fundamental knowledge of physical and organic chemistry principles
- Experience with material characterization methods and the analytical instrumentation used with such (HPLC, LC-MS, NMR, solubility, particle size analysis).
- Experience working with contract research and manufacturing organizations
- Excitement to work on a fast-paced team in the culture of a growing startup, where you will use your creativity and passion for learning
- Ability to work safely and efficiently in a lab environment
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option, restricted stock unit (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) programs**
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility**
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute**
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars**
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking**
*Subject to change for remote-based employees during the COVID-19 pandemic
**United States based employees
More About Us
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science, and engineering, with the goal of radically improving the lives of patients and industrializing drug discovery. Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.