Global Capital Project Manager
Arranta Bio is a rapidly growing and dynamic bio-pharmaceutical contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO). Our vision is to be the best in class CDMO providing development and GMP manufacturing services to microbiome innovators within the pharmaceutical industry. Therapies focused on the human microbiome are exhibiting incredible potential towards revolutionizing disease etiology and associated medical treatments. Arranta Bio’s mission is to build a world class organization which provides microbiome bio-pharmaceutical innovators with a single source of supply from early process development through clinical and commercial GMP finished product.
WHO ARE WE
Arranta hires people who are committed and passionate to the goal of bringing life enhancing products to patients. We want top talent who will render ideas and a relentless desire towards accomplishing our mission; when a job becomes a passion, it makes you feel ALIVE.
Here at Arranta Bio, we embrace ALIVE – our core values that we live and breathe daily! We are Agile, Leading, Innovating, Value Creating, and Engaging.
We embrace our challenges as opportunities.
We are empowered to think and act.
We never settle; we strive to improve through purposeful creativity.
We build aligned teams who learn, grow, and deliver.
We are committed to building strong relationships.
Are you ready to come ALIVE with a daring and intrepid team? Don’t wait another minute; Apply today!
The Global Capital Projects Manager will manage cross-functional project teams in all elements of the design, development and completion of the company’s portfolio of capital projects. These elements include scope definition and control, stakeholder alignment, project planning, resource and risk management, project leadership, and team development and communication. Successful capital project management includes guiding project team activities to meet project and business objectives, and approval of project recommendations through governance. This role is responsible for establishing and managing the schedules and budgets of multiple capital projects with minimal disruption to daily operations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop, manage and maintain up-to-date project timelines inclusive of all critical milestones, key interdependencies and resource constraints, applying appropriate project scheduling techniques
- Manage outside contractors, both individual contributors and firms.
- Develop agendas, minutes, metrics and project communication tools for the teams and management
- Establish and manage project budgets
- Coordinate requirements of federal and local governments; manage outside vendors and contractors
- Develop RFP packages for equipment, contractors, and services
- Identify and procure critical capital equipment
- Identify and procure outside consultancy services to support capital projects
- Proactively identify and escalate risks and issues to relevant stakeholders; lead development and delivery of tactical and achievable mitigation and contingency planning
- Drive team accountability for deliverables and ensure projects meet milestones
- Lead "lessons learned" exercises, share lessons among project leaders and other teams, integrate lessons into existing processes, tools and templates
Experience and Skills
- Minimum ten years’ experience in managing capital projects, both building construction or retrofit, as well as large equipment purchases and their installation and qualification
- Bachelors’ degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- A proven record of leading and influencing cross-functional teams in a matrix environment to gain alignment, resolve conflicts and deliver results
- Strong communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and organizational skills, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff and contractors
- Comfort exercising judgment within broadly defined practices and policies, and selecting methods and techniques of obtaining solutions to problems of varying complexity, requiring analysis of identifiable factors
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications as well as Project Management software such as Smartsheet or MS Project.
- Must possess a positive attitude, be team oriented, ambitious, quality driven and of the highest integrity
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- In the performance of the duties of this job the employee is required to travel occasionally, drive a motor vehicle.
- Communicate using telephone and e-mail.
- Phone reimbursement policy for qualified individuals
- Free parking
- Highly competitive healthcare with many plan options:
- Medical (HMO/PPO/EPO)
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Up to 10 weeks of 100% paid maternity leave
- 2 weeks of 100% paid paternity, domestic partner, & adoption leave
- Educational assistance program
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 100% match on first 5% deferred.
- A suite of Arranta Bio paid insurance coverage, including life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- Employee Referral program
- Competitive PTO plan, in addition to 10 company paid holidays (includes 2 floating holidays)