Exhibit Account Manager
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Job Description: Exhibit Account Manager
The Exhibit Account Manager (EAM) is responsible for strategic planning and overall project management and support for exhibits at global and domestic congresses. The selected candidate will partner with Global Commercial Brand Teams and Global Medical Affairs to oversee conventions and multi-exhibit programs for several therapeutic areas (TAs) as assigned by their Manager. The ideal candidate will be able to form strong relationships with various stakeholders and cross-functional teams, acting as a trusted advisor providing new ideas and innovation to project teams. The EAM will be responsible for weekly status meetings with business owners, vendor management, and cross-functional team coordination. They will also be responsible for daily tactical management of exhibit-related tasks, such as congress calendar updates, budget management, data input, reporting and reconciliation.
- Strategic planning
- Partner with commercial and medical teams to determine strategy for booth design and pull-through of a differentiated and insights-driven booth experience
- Pull brand strategy through in convention tactics, establishing measurements of effectiveness
- Partner with brands post show to assess success and adjust strategy for future events
- Act as an advisor and project manager for the brand teams, Global Medical Affairs, etc.
- Support enterprise related initiatives that drive improvements in broader customer experience endeavors
- Tactical management of exhibit-related tasks including, but not limited to:
- Manage development of creative materials including booth panels, traffic builders, and other promotional opportunities
- Build and manage budgets and reconciliation, relative to the exhibit
- Association management
- Liaise with and provide direction to exhibit house and I&D vendor s
- Overall project management of exhibits
- Monitor booth activities in order to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and laws, satisfaction of participants, and resolution of any problems that arise
- Must be able to determine a trade show’s goals, purpose, message and impression and provide input and guidance to internal clients
- Forward thinker, able to pre-empt challenges, having a problem-solving approach
- Ability to manage multiple projects and vendors simultaneously with high attention to detail and adherence to departmental processes
- Skilled multi-tasker who can stay calm under pressure while managing deadlines
- Extremely organized and proactive with the ability to collaborate across various functions in a fast-paced team environment
- Must be able to negotiate with facilities, suppliers and vendors
- Ability to travel as the global convention schedule demands, up to 50%, while continuing to stay on top of multiple projects despite operating from remote locations
- Strong computer skills, an expert at Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Willingness to learn new programs specific to the events industry
- Candidates for this position must be willing and anticipate long work days during shows. Work hours may be long and irregular, especially in the time leading up to a show
- Familiarity with PHRMA, CFR, Sunshine Act and global pharmaceutical requirements a plus
Minimum Education: BA/BS required. Master’s degree desirable.
Minimum Experience: 5+ years of work experience.
- Collaboration: Successfully builds strong productive, mutually beneficial relationships while enhancing collaboration with peers, internal stakeholders and external partners.
- Communication: Excellent communication skills: written, presentation and oral that persuades and gains understanding and alignment with others in a professional tone. Strong ability to read and display professional non-verbal cues with others. Able to influence and communicate with various levels of the organization.
- Problem Solving: Ability to solve complex problems with innovative thinking resulting in improvements to business solutions and efficiency.
- Customer Focus: Highly skilled at adjusting and adapting service delivery to diverse customer needs and sensitivities. Continues to look for ways to improve service, e.g., TypeCoach methodologies when interacting with peers and stakeholders.
- Technical Skills: Is SME on related technical, systems and business process skills and consistently seeks opportunity to improve skills to advance business objectives, e.g. training others in department. Able to research and learn technical areas
- Latitude and Attention to detail: Ability to work independently with strong attention to detail. Must be able to determine objectives to assignments while prioritizing competing priorities and schedules.
Position represents the BSG organization as a primary contact for area of responsibility. Interacts with senior internal stakeholders and external customers on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.