Director Clinical Technology Strategy & Support
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
AbbVie Data Science is the best-in-class team within its cross-industry peer group and is responsible for bringing people, process, and technology together to generate business value from clinical trials data. Our operational model is exemplified through execution and innovation. This role is a key to ensuring successful delivery against the program- and study-level accountabilities assigned to Data and Statistical Sciences through fit-for-purpose innovative clinical technology implementation and operationalization.
- Assists in the creation of the clinical development technology strategy while also executing tactically against the strategy.
- Provides key technology leadership and process support with the goal of optimizing our Clinical Technologies and process portfolio
- Supports interoperability across all internal function, with clinical sites, with third-party contributors, and with our patients. Works to break down barriers between silos and provides integrated & holistic view to end users. Links end-user needs to strategy and governance.
- Facilitates the convergence of technologies used for clinical trial planning and execution. Facilitates due diligence for technology investment.
- Leads global clinical data systems integration, deployment, and migration projects, as needed.
- Bridges technology, process, data, and innovation efforts across R&D.
- Focuses strategy and execution on improvements in speed, quality, and cost of trials as measurements of the value of the Clinical Technology Strategy.
- Looks both within and outside the industry for technology that addresses key needs and opens opportunities tied to strategy.
- Forms collaborations with technology service providers.
- Contributes to current and future R&D and IT priorities to enhance business strategies.
- Aligns technology configuration with business process. Manages the Data Sciences product life cycle, globally, overseeing the utilization of systems and establishing new strategies based on business need and industry standards.
- Guides partner organizations through change management as appropriate
- Allocate global resources to maximize efficiencies. Recruit and develop individuals to maximize the collective skills of the organization. Provide coaching and direction to further enhance Data Science capabilities and performance. Lead and develop direct reports to plan, schedule, and monitor work to ensure all project objectives are met.
- BS in life sciences, information sciences, or related field. MS preferred
- 10+ years experience in clinical development in pharmaceutical or related industry
- 5+ managing matrixed and/or direct reports
- Experience in clinical data management processes and systems with: Experience leading change implementation, leading clinical trial process development, and supporting clinical trials
- Client relationship management
- Negotiation and conflict management
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Problem solving
- Staff development
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.