Director, US Commercial Brand Technology and Data Solutions
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
This position is responsible for technology strategy, service delivery, vendor management, and compliance for Marketing and Advertising technology within the US Area and Puerto Rico. The objective is to create a world-class technology organization that builds innovative and integrated marketing platforms and acts as a service provider to more than 50 unique marketing teams across more than 29 Pharmaceutical Brands.
This role will drive both innovation and agile, cost-effective, service delivery. He/she will oversee the entire architecture stack including data, integration, UI/UX, and marketing activation through strategic platforms like Adobe Marketing Cloud, Marketo, PEGA, TIBCO, AWS, and Snowflake. They will lead an organization of 30+ employees and more than 150 contractors/consultants. He/she will have budgetary responsibility of $15MM including a direct budget of $3MM and internal chargebacks of $12MM.
- Technology Strategy: Ownership of the technology strategy for all Marketing and Advertising technology within the US Area. He/she will stay current with technology trends and business priorities to recommend the use of new technology capabilities, balancing business benefits, cost, and existing IT standards. They will educate stakeholders on the capabilities and benefits.
- Service Delivery: Accountable for the design, operations, and continuous improvement of development and testing methods including waterfall, agile, and DevOps. Responsible to balance speed, agility, cost-effectiveness, and quality across the entire service delivery lifecycle from estimation to support.
- Vendor Management: Accountable for the performance, productivity, and quality of work performed by multiple content development factories across Web, Email, Banner Ads, and Digital Sales Aides.
- Compliance: Responsible for compliance and applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and Procedures. Must understand data privacy, accessibility, and other regulations that impact digital marketing and ensure they are accounted for in all projects and services delivered.
- Culture: Responsible to nurture a culture of speed, agility, collaboration, innovation, and operational excellence.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education in Science or Technology related field with extensive experience (typically 14+ years) of related work. Master’s Degree or equivalent education and typically 12+ years of related work experience.
- Experience managing a team of at least 15 people with a resource mix of managers, employees, matrixed teams, virtual teams, contractors, and service providers.
- Proven ability to drive outstanding performance and engagement through coaching, developing, motivating, and inspiring team members.
- Experience managing a budget of at least $10MM.
- Thought leader in omni-channel marketing and experience with platforms like Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), Adobe Analytics, Adobe Target, Marketo, PEGA, SalesForce.com, Mulesoft, etc.
- Understanding of data privacy, accessibility, and other regulations that impact digital marketing.
- Experience designing solution architectures across cloud platforms, enterprise systems and toolsets in support of marketing and sales processes.
- Working knowledge of development methodologies including Waterfall, Agile, and DevOps.
- Demonstratable understanding of Service Management Methodologies and applicable KPIs.
- Experience in leading and organizing project teams and working across organizational boundaries to deliver positive results.
- Exceptional communication skills, ability to state things simply, ask effective questions and communicate persuasively across different audiences ranging from leadership to end user levels.
**Must be okay relocating to one of the following locations - Lake County, IL; Madison, NJ; Austin, TX; Irvine, CA; or South San Francisco, CA**
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.