Associate, Lab - Cell Culture
Akron Biotech is continuing to transform and further its rapidly growing capabilities and is now seeking highly motivated professionals to join our expanding team. This is an exciting opportunity to play a critical role within our organization that is driving advanced therapy development and commercialization with high quality industrial scale solutions. We manufacture and distribute components and raw materials for cell therapy discovery, development, and commercialization to meet industry needs worldwide. We offer an array of highly competitive benefits and perks to our valued associates.
- Provide scientific insight and hands on technical laboratory techniques. Coordinate laboratory operations, workloads and projects tasks.
- Provide scientific and technical support, prepare written scientific reports.
- Execute cell-based bioassays and assist in the development of new bioassays.
- Participate in ongoing research efforts.
- Maintain laboratory notebook in compliance with good documentation practices.
- Perform in-house quality control testing of products
- Perform general laboratory and instrumentation maintenance.
- Participates in the design and execution of investigations and experiments associated with product development
- Follow through with experiments and investigations by demonstrating discipline resourcefulness and willingness to follow procedures and guidelines.
- Interacts regularly with senior technical peers and colleagues in all departments especially in development, production and quality.
- Assist Quality Control with testing and any development functions as needed and deemed necessary.
- Assist sales and marketing in responding to technical inquiries.
- Contributes to an environment that encourages problem solving at the individual and team level.
- Performs duties in accordance with established laboratory standards. Evaluates, troubleshoots and solves routine problems. Interprets data based on knowledge and experience.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors or Masters in microbiology, molecular biology, biochemistry or related field required.
- 2 years relevant experience in the life sciences industry.
- Cell culture and protocol writing experience is an absolute must.
- High attention to detail with good time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and prioritize assignments in a multi-task position.
- Motivated and able to work independently.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and people/customer service oriented.
- Basic knowledge of Word, Excel and Software Programs.
- Requires a strong adherence to regulatory compliance and safety requirements.