Alliance Management Senior Manager/Manager
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
The Alliance Management group is responsible for optimizing the value of Grail's partnerships with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. The position will be based in Menlo Park, California.
• Work with partner companies to set the direction and scope for implementation of partnership agreements: define key activities, timing and responsibilities for parties, ensure effective and efficient partnership governance
• Build expertise about partner company, including company organization/leadership, business strategy, priorities and financial health
• Establish credibility, trust, and respect internally and externally
• Identify, understand, lead and resolve any differences between GRAIL and partners including strategy, process, risk tolerance and program prioritization, working closely with program, product and project management where appropriate
• Monitor implementation of and adherence to agreed-upon research, development and commercialization plans and work closely with project management to ensure execution
• Liaise with product, program and project management, legal and finance to provide information/updates as needed
• Regularly engage with and update senior management on partnerships, communicate milestones, opportunities and any key issues and paths for resolution
• Support business development in establishing new pharma partnerships: participate in new partner engagement, partner contract negotiations and provide input into terms including governance structures and processes
• Shape development and growth of alliance management function at GRAIL
Your background should include
• 5+ years in an alliance management, project management or related function and shown leadership skills in life sciences or related industry
• Advanced scientific degree and experience in genomics preferred
• Exceptional interpersonal and relationship management skills
• Demonstrated ability to optimally lead cross functionally, interface with and influence technical, clinical and leadership team stakeholders
• Proven project management, solution-oriented leadership, problem-solving and facilitation skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills and comfort with presenting to senior leadership
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
GRAIL, Inc. and its affiliates and subsidiaries ("GRAIL") does not accept any liability for fees for resumes from recruiters or employment agencies ("Agency"), without a binding, written recruitment agreement between GRAIL and Agency describing the services and specific job openings ("Agreement"). GRAIL may consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume and explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the Agency, unless an Agreement is in place. Any email or verbal contacts with any person within GRAIL is inadequate to create a binding agreement. Agencies without an Agreement are requested not to contact any hiring managers of GRAIL with recruiting inquiries or resumes. Agencies interested in partnering with GRAIL may contact GRAIL's HR Department through our Customer Service team .