Sales Operations Manager - Imbruvica
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Sales Operations Manager - Imbruvica is critical part of the Business Analytics, Insights and Operations (BAIO) function, supporting the Imbruvica field organizations. The candidate will have broad operational and analytics responsibilities, including design and deployment of field teams, customer & account targeting, and performance analysis. Communication & partnership ability is critical as this individual will be working closely with leadership, business technology colleagues, compliance, finance, and vendors. As a part of a culturally focused and dynamic team, this individual will have a voice in shaping our future operating model, play a pivotal role in helping to optimize processes that enable the company to achieve aggressive objectives and serve our patients. To be successful in the role, the individual must be able to engage colleagues at all levels, foster accountability, effectively partner cross-functionally with positive intent, possess an ability to listen, courageous to address difficult topics, operate with transparency, have an eye towards detail and assure quality deliverables.
- Lead initiatives designed to identify opportunities to improve sales force effectiveness. Design and deploy optimal solutions that are innovative and enable the field to optimize customer engagement
- Consult with sales and brand management to formulate field force strategies, design/maintain alignments and identify targets for promotional and non-promotional tactics, hands on delivery of deployment for all sales teams (territory design, size, structure, target list development, segmentation.
- Serve as backup-support in functions to include compliance reporting, specialty management, incentive compensation, and reporting
- Partner with National Sales Manager to deploy quarterly updates, explain changes, and address field inquiries; Serve as a single point of contact to cross-functional stakeholders and sales force
- Proactively develop metrics, analyze execution; prepare and analyze sales team performance, monitor KPIs, hypothesize ideas to drive effectiveness
- Develop and deliver formal presentations that effectively communicate the results of complex analyses to senior management and sales leadership. Collaborate with peers, alliance partners.
- Develop quality control processes to check data, validate, and implement any corrections
- Partner and work collaboratively with Business Technology and Data functions, monitors the accuracy of weekly data feeds for production, and resolves issues in partnership with our data and technology colleagues
- Review internal processes and SOPs; develop ideas for improvement and to drive efficiency
- 3+ years of experience in the Pharma/Biotech industry in a mix of roles, experience in the HemOnc space a plus
- Experience in multiple areas of sales operations function
- Understanding of the broad commercial organization
- Skillful in the Ability to communicate clearly, with intent, and with full transparency
- Demonstrated ability to structure and conduct analyses to generate insight and recommendations
- Adept at summarizing complex analysis into concise presentations
- Proficiency in reporting and data analytics tools like Excel, SAS, Tableau, Business objects
- Experience with 3rd party data such as IQVIA and Symphony. Knowledge of medical/retail claims data and sub national data a plus
- Exceptional ability to drive change, adapt to changing priorities, and prioritize.
- Passion and disposition to “Make Possibilities Real,” “Act with Integrity,” and “Transform Lives”
- Demonstrated understanding of “Serving Patients” and doing the right thing
- Tested ability to “listen,” “speak up,” and confidently surface controversial issues for discussion
- Ability to engage colleagues in a dialogue to foster understanding and address issues/questions
- Embody accountability, committed to transparency, respect, and sincerity in partnering direct team members and extended group of colleagues
- Build value and become a trusted partner to all colleagues
- Challenge each other and be open to challenges
- Work as a part of a team, break down individual silos
- Innate sense of adaptability and willingness to embrace change
- Bachelor Degree Required. MBA or other related graduate-level degree is a plus
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 20 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.