Director Digital Forensics & Incident Response
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us as a Director Digital Forensics & Incident Response.Live
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be directly responsible for delivering high quality Digital Forensics and Incident Response services across Amgens global operating environment. This leadership position provides timely reports to the Deputy Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) and Global CISO to help manage broader business risk decisions. The Director works with stakeholders from Information Systems (IS), Human Resources, Compliance, Law, Corporate Security, and Privacy to effectively respond and recover Amgens valuable information systems during a crisis. The Director is responsible for organizing, developing, training, and equipping a diverse global team of Amgen staff and contractors in manner that is aligned to Amgens core values, principles and culture.
The leader performs all activities that support service delivery management to include planning, designing, building, testing, and deploying solutions and processes that enable Amgens ability to serve patients. The role incorporates stakeholder driven engagements and requires 24/7 coverage. The leader, by way of effective targeted communication methodologies, ensures strategic alignment with staff, business constituents, key stakeholders, and leaders.
The Director Information Security is part of Global Information Protections Strategy & Operations Leadership Team and reports to Executive Director Information Security and Deputy CISO (based at Amgens Headquarters in Thousand Oaks, California).Key activities include:
- Leads strategy development, quality control, compliance, and continuous improvement of Amgens Global Digital Forensics and Incident Response services
- Oversees the escalation and remediation/containment of cyber incidents, staff investigations, and e-discovery requests from Amgen Law, Compliance and HR
- Delivers timely transparency reporting on critical DFIR engagements to the Chief Information Officer, CISO, Deputy CISO, and other key stakeholders and senior business leadership
- Engage in collaboration with global industry partners and service providers on DFIR as a contributor for the Health Information Sharing and Analysis Center (H-ISAC)
- Manages cross-functional security teams to achieve continuous improvement in cyber defense/resilience
- Directly responsible and accountable for technologies and designs that ensure integration and interoperability DFIR platforms with Amgens technology ecosystem
- Builds and manages the DFIR services and technologies roadmap based on DFIR industry frameworks (e.g., SANS PICERL)
- Maintains outstanding service delivery and ensures effective issue identification, problem resolution, tool integration, documentation, gap assessment, gap resolution and continuous improvement
- Collaborates diligently with global functional teams (e.g., Law) to quickly respond to escalated incidents
- Builds and executes effective communications plans during incidents
- Serves as sponsor for Security Incident Governance Council to manage Corrective Actions/Preventive Actions that are documented and formally reviewed for remediation
- Adheres to the IS enterprise tool rationalization process by employing best of breed and platform technologies that align to the GIP and Information System (IS) ecosystem
- Collaborates with multi-disciplinary teams and business units on identifying and implementing technology and processes to effectively reduce Amgens Mean-time-to-Detect and Mean-time-to-Respond
- Acts as an escalation point for system related technical issues and get engaged as needed in critical system related issues/events
- Owns and maintains strategic relationships with retainer services and cybersecurity insurance providers
- Manages a diverse global team of senior IS security engineers and analysts across JAPAC, EU and the United Sates
- Responsible for developing, maintaining, and exercising Incident Response playbooks
- Develops and maintains proactive Threat Hunting processes and capabilities
- Creates and manages budgets for yearly support, enhancements and build efforts and maximize resource allocation across multiple services and tools; this includes operational costs for resources (full time employees, contract workers, and managed service providers) used to operate the department
- Empowers employees through Amgens Decision, Advice, Inform (DAI) model; delegates responsibilities accordingly and expects accountability and regular feedback
- Fosters teamwork and unity among department members that allows for disagreement over ideas, conflict and expeditious resolution, and the appreciation of diversity as well as Team cohesiveness
- Coaches, mentors, and develops staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and provides quarterly career development sessions
- Leads employees using a performance management and development process that provides an overall context and framework to encourage employee contribution and includes goal setting, and continuous feedback
- Guides the talent identification and development processes
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dynamic professional we seek is a leader with these qualifications.
- Doctorate degree in Engineering, Information Systems, or Computer Science & 7 years of directly related experience. Or
- Masters degree in Engineering, Information Systems, or Computer Science & 10 years of directly related experience. Or
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Information Systems, or Computer Science & 12 years of directly related experience
- Experience working with Agile principles and values
- Practical DFIR experience in AWS and Operations Technology (e.g., Purdue model layers 0-3.5)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to diverse target audiences
- Passionate, collaborative and results oriented
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate/lead multiple projects/activities with competing priorities
- Portfolio and project management skills
- Excellent data-driven problem solving and analytical skills and proven experience within high performance team
- Skilled in persuasion and negotiation of critical issues
- Clear understanding of and ability to manage cognitive biases
- Attention to detail and focus on providing vetted information
- Constantly updated with current information security trends and topics
- Experience in working with global virtual teams
- Successful management of multiple priorities
- Must be team-oriented, placing priority on the successful completion of team goals
- Self-starter with a high degree of initiative
- Must be highly motivated and able to work effectively under minimal supervision
- Experience with regulated systems (GxP, SOX) in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, healthcare industry
- CISSP, CISM, GCIH, GCFE, GCFA, GRID, AWS Security Specialist
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
The preferred location for this role is Tampa, FL, however it is open to remote workers within United States.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.