Senior Research Associate (JM21-272)
Catalyst Biosciences is seeking motivated Senior Research Associates to join our Protein Engineering and Assay Science teams. Our new research associates will have expertise in assay development, protein expression and/or purification that will be applied to the discovery of engineered protease biopharmaceuticals in rare diseases. The position will report to a (senior) scientist in a cross-functional environment in brand new laboratories in South San Francisco.ABOUT CATALYST BIOSCIENCES
Catalyst is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing novel medicines to address important unmet needs within bleeding and complement related disorders. Catalyst has compounds that span the value chain from the earliest discovery to late-stage clinical trials with the intent of commercialization.
We provide ample scientific challenges enabling you to have a real impact in an environment where you get the opportunity to take part in the entire biotech value chain from the earliest drug discovery all the way through late-stage clinical development. We expect you to bring an innovative mindset, scientific curiosity, a lot of energy and pragmatism. For more information, please visit www.catalystbiosciences.com.Responsibilities
- Generate and characterize recombinant proteases for in vitro and in vivo studies leading to selection of a candidate for clinical testing.
- Lead efforts in mammalian expression, culture harvest and clarification, purification, and analytics.
- Lead assay development and functional characterization of recombinant proteins.
- Perform protease screening on an automated platform using a variety of biochemical assays.
- Be a part of building up a modern, state-of-the-art laboratory.
**Title and level to commensurate with education and experience.Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in biochemistry, chemistry, biology, bioengineering or another related field.
- 5 plus years of relevant experience.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to perform work in a careful and meticulous manner.
- Willingness to learn and work independently.
- Good understanding of enzyme structure and function is preferred.
- Experience with automation is an advantage.
- Ability to lift and push up to 30 lbs.