Research and Development Chemist II
The Swiss based Bachem Group is a public, innovation-driven company specializing in the development and manufacturing of pepTides and oligonucleoTides. As a full service provider Bachem offers products for clinical development and commercial applications as well as a comprehensive catalog and exclusive custom synthesis. With 50 years of experience and subsidiaries in Switzerland, the United States, the United Kingdom and Japan, Bachem is the partner of choice for the biotech and pharma industry worldwide.
Bachem. Leading Partner in Tides
In order to continue our organic growth, we are constantly looking for talent.
The Research and Development Chemist position is part of the GMP R&D and Process Development Group. This group optimizes overall processes to enable the efficient GMP production of difficult or complex peptides. They also produces small-scale amounts of GMP products. The R&D Chemist II position will be responsible for synthesis and cleavage of GMP grade peptides under GMP regulations. This work will encompass small to medium scale solid-phase peptide synthesis and TFA cleavage to generate crude peptide products for further purification processing.
- Perform solid-phase peptide synthesis (SPPS) and cleavage/crude peptide isolation steps with direction from Supervisor
- Follow written procedures such as Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Batch Production Records (BPR)
- Comply with SOP’s in all aspects of the work and follow GMP regulations
- Document accurately synthesis and cleavage conditions and yields in the Batch Production Records (BPR)
- Work in close cooperation with Purification colleagues to meet project commitments with regard to deliverable timelines, quantity, and quality
- Constantly monitor and improve practices by learning from past projects
- Ensure that all laboratory safety and housekeeping standards are met
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Bioengineering with 1-3 years of relative work experienceor
- Master’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Bioengineering
- Hands-on experience in chemical synthesis in a GMP environment
- Knowledge of GMP regulations and ICH guidelines
- Hands-on laboratory experience (academic acceptable, industry preferred) in protein or peptide chemistry
- Good laboratory notebook and data organization skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Basic computer knowledge, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to effectively organize, multitask, and work in a fast-paced, deadline driven work environment
- Ability to communicate in a proactive and solution-focused manner, including keeping management aware of potential issues
- Detail oriented with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems
- Ability to work independently and manage one’s time
- Communicate effectively and ability to function well in a team environment
You will be part of a motivated team overseeing the entire development cycle of respective APIs. If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a motivated team in an internationally renowned company, you should seize this opportunity.