Sr. Automation Engineer
The Swiss based Bachem Group is a public, innovation-driven company specializing in the development and manufacturing of pepTides and oligonucleoTides. As a full service provider Bachem offers products for clinical development and commercial applications as well as a comprehensive catalog and exclusive custom synthesis. With 50 years of experience and subsidiaries in Switzerland, the United States, the United Kingdom and Japan, Bachem is the partner of choice for the biotech and pharma industry worldwide.
Bachem. Leading Partner in Tides
In order to continue our organic growth, we are constantly looking for talent.
The Senior Automation Engineer / Project Lead is responsible for planning, designing, analyzing automation systems for manufacturing processes and systems in an industrial plant. Performs engineering design evaluations. Recommends alterations to development and design to improve quality of products, and/or procedures. Maximizes efficiency by analyzing automation system composition, communication, logic, and workforce utilization. Determines hardware, software, and network architecture necessary to achieve manufacturing goals according to product specifications. Leads project teams and drive project milestones to design, develop, and improve process automation.
- Responsible for Design, Installation, and qualification of batch processing tanks, solvent recovery system (Linde), filter dryers, HPLCs, filtration system, Lyophilizers, ultra-low freezers, HVAC, solvent distribution and recovery system, compressed air, purified water, and waste water system.
- Collaborate with Production and Controls Team to develop and streamline production process in automating the new and existing system by harmonizing and leveraging technology developed by Center of Excellence (BBU).
- Develop and train cross-functional team members on utilization and maintaining new equipment and system – by creating roadmap, improving existing process, creating new procedures, job aids, SOPs and protocols as well as training of staff for these expectations.
- Troubleshoot process equipment, and monitor and trend to ensure that equipment works to its specifications and appropriate capacities
- Lead engineering team and coordinates engineering activities to design, develop, and execute strategic investment projects, and improve process material flow.
- Lead activities to design new processes, modify existing designs, improve production techniques, and develop test procedures.
- Ensures compliance of company policies, procedures and objectives regarding processes, initiatives, and projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years’ qualified work experience
- Working Knowledge of ISA and IEE Standards and Industry Code as it relates to Chemical, Pharmaceutical facilities or related facilities
- Knowledge of NEC, UL, and FDA title 21 standards and requirements
- Technical knowledge of automation, controls, instrumentation, batch programming, Programmable Logic Controllers, Distributed Control Systems, Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition systems, Building Automation Systems, IT and OT networks and technologies
- Handle complete project life cycle from design, planning, and implementation to validation
- Experience with electrical and program troubleshooting
- Ability to safely work with electrical circuits up to 480VAC
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to effectively organize, multitask, and work in a fast-paced, deadline driven work environment
- Detail oriented with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems.
- Ability to work independently, manage one’s time, and function well in a team environment
- Experience with Allen Bradley, Siemens, Omron, Delta-V, Schneider, and Opto automation platforms.
- Experience with MSSQL and OSI PI databases
- Experience with Copadata Zenon, Ignition, and PlantPAX SCADA platforms
You will be part of a motivated team overseeing the entire development cycle of respective APIs. If you are
looking for a new challenge and want to join a motivated team in an internationally renowned company,
you should seize this opportunity.