Cybin has an exciting opportunity for a Formulation/Analytical Chemist to join the Research and Development Department!
A leading biotechnology company, Cybin is focused on and dedicated to progressing psychedelic therapeutics by utilizing proprietary drug discovery platforms, innovative drug delivery systems, novel formulation approaches and treatment regimens for psychiatric disorders.
To learn more about Cybin, visit https://www.cybin.com.
Reporting directly to the SVP Chemistry, Manufacturing and Controls, the Formulation/Analytical Chemist is responsible for the development of small molecule drug product formulations based on the companys goals and objectives. This position will be based in the Greater Boston area.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop new drug formulations and test compatibility and stability of the API in the
- This work could include development of oral dosage forms like tablets, capsules, lozenges and
oral films. Future work could also include inhalation and IM formulations.
- Maintain accurate real time entries on lab notebooks to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Follow company SOPs and comply to compound handling procedures.
- Good lab technique and ability to generate good quality data and results.
- Knowledge and operation HPLCs, spectrophotometers, and other associated lab development
and formulation equipment.
- Good equipment trouble shooting ability.
- Professional written and oral communication skills.
- Identify and understand variations in product, equipment and procedures which may affect
- Carry out any additional assignments as directed by R&D Management.
- Bachelor of Science Chemistry or higher
- 2 to 5 years in a QC or product development laboratory
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced small company with aggressive timelines and milestones
- Has basic working knowledge and understanding of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within the field
- Exercises independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance with relation to
matters of importance within the Research & Development company
Cybin Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to ethnicity, color, national origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family or parental status, veteran status, neurodiversity status, disability status or any other basis protected by applicable law. We are proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require an accommodation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.