AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Finance Supervisor supporting Operations Contract Manufacturing (OCM) will be responsible for accounting, financial planning and analysis with respect to Actuals, Plan, Update, LBE, LRP and various analyses to support day-to-day operations and strategic initiatives for the OCM team. Job scope is commercial and global in nature. The candidate must have the ability to work with key international business partners as well as local resources in a matrix organization across multiple grade levels; including Directors and VP.
- Support for all planning cycles (Plan, Update, LBE and LRP) and monthly actual reporting for a portfolio of products representing $250 in annual sales that include the Fermentation and Oral Solid Dose business segments, as well as the OUS L-AGN OCM business. This includes generating sales commentary, investigating variances and pro-actively adjusting future planning cycles accordingly.
- Ensure adequate financial and system controls are maintained consistent with AbbVie policies and procedures as well as generally accepted accounting principles.
- Develop accurate and consistent financial data and present such data in a clear and concise manner, while utilizing and developing business partnering skills.
- Responsible for OCM FP&A Planning submissions for Sales, Cost and Margin by Product and identification of Key +/- items for each business segment. Provide back-up support for Income Statement and Activity tracker submissions.
- Hold monthly Actual and LBE reviews with key stakeholders for the businesses the business segments previously noted to address variance causals and discuss forward looking issues for LBE.
- TM1 Maintenance and Reporting/Planning – Responsible for ensuring product and customer hierarchy are accurate for the previously noted business segments. Additionally, responsible for loading TM1 for Sales, Cost and Standard Manufacturing Margin for various planning cycles (Plan, LBE and Update), and ensure accuracy of Actuals for month end reporting. Transitioning L-AGN business will require the incumbent to develop proficiency with the new finance systems.
- Ensure protection and proper use of company assets. Promote and maintain compliance with AbbVie policies and procedures and external requirements (e.g., Sarbanes-Oxley).
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 3-5 plus years of finance/accounting experience.
- Strong organizational, communication, and analytical skills.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Excel and Power Point and proficient in business applications, TM1, SAP and HFM.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and adapt quickly to change to achieve required timelines and have the ability to work in team environment.
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance
- Learns and grasps concepts fast and can change course quickly where necessary.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.