Associate Director, U.S. Oncology HCP Marketing - New Brand Launch
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Our talented, highly creative marketing professionals put AbbVie in the best position to win by driving strategic direction, leading product teams and creating targeted, evidence-based product messaging to deliver value to our customers. Marketing professionals are among our most versatile performers. AbbVie marketing professionals are involved in just about every aspect of our business. This involvement spans market access, market research, market analytics and competitive intelligence, R&D and clinical trials, product launches, advertising and promotion and post-market analysis.
It is an exciting time to join AbbVie’s growing oncology team as we pursue our mission to have a remarkable impact on the lives of people affected by cancer. For more information, please visit https://abbvieoncology.com.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for developing and managing professional marketing activities for a launch brand in the US oncology organization in partnership with a JV partner organization.
- Work in a team-based environment assisting in the development of strategies and leading implementation of tactics to maximize sales, market share and profitability for new indications and/or molecules.
- Lead, inspire and develop a team of direct reports/Marketing Managers to become a high-performance brand team.
- Lead marketing and cross functional teams in the development and execution of multiple marketing projects in a timely manner.
- Operate quickly and decisively in a fast-paced, matrixed, and demanding launch environment.
- Responsible for working closely with medical affairs, market access, market research, sales, and HEOR to ensure execution of one vision for the brand commercially
- Direct reporting relationship to the Oncology Marketing Director. May participate in co-commercialization partnerships
- Lead the development of the launch strategy including generation of key marketing insights and implications, gap analysis, market research plan and strategic brand plan.
- Understand trends in the oncology marketplace using patient and data driven strategic insights to apply on an on-going basis to the marketing plan.
- Partner with alliance, global and cross functional teams to develop product positioning, branding and key global strategies and plans.
Tactical Management & Execution
- Lead or support the development of the strategic business plan and the organization and synthesis of the tactical plan, including appropriate representation of all stakeholders.
- Manage strategy and project development of tactics that drive consideration of preferred use of AbbVie oncology products within approved indications.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of strategies and tactics through measurement and metrics development to ensure positive return on investment and achievement of brand objectives.
- Work with internal and external cross-functional groups (Legal, Regulatory, Medical , Project Management, Sales Training, Consumer Marketing, Market Analytics and Business Insights) and external (Ad Agency, Digital Agency) to insure integration and consistency of professional business strategies and regulatory compliance of promotional materials.
- Master and be responsible for all core marketing responsibilities and business processes.
- Manages P&L responsibilities for brand related to preparation of and management of annual brand budget.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or related field.
- 10+ years of experience in marketing in the pharmaceutical industry with 2+ years of experience in oncology/hematology space.
- Must have strong planning and organization skills.
- Must have strong people leadership (direct or in-direct) and coaching skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively cross-functionally.
- Significant experience in oncology marketing and/or AbbVie marketing roles
- Experience in sales roles and in managing sales or marketing teams
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and standards affecting Pharmaceutical Products
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in a JV commercial partnership
- Experience working with and managing multiple external agencies including advertising, digital, external and internal partners.
- Demonstrated understanding of principles of market research to draw valid conclusion
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.