Senior Maintenance Technician
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Senior Maintenance Technician - Laboratory Systems and Operations – Small Molecule Product Development
The primary function is the maintenance, repair and improvement of onsite equipment, utilities, facilities and instruments in support of the R&D laboratories, production operations and manufacturing facilities.
Responsible for diagnosis, repair and preventative maintenance of all utility systems (Water for Injection, Clean Steam, Clean Dry Air, Purified Water, Waste Inactivation, Plant Steam, HVAC), process systems (Bioreactors, Fermentors, Filtration Skids, pumps, autoclaves, Clean in Place skids) and laboratory instrumentation (centrifuge, spectrophotometer, refrigerators, freezers, incubators and analytical devices).
Coordinates, schedules, and oversees maintenance services performed onsite by subcontractors. Schedules emergency repair and maintenance activities requested through the service request system.
Plans, coordinates and oversees the annual shutdown activities for the BSL3 facilities.
Maintains support for 24/7 on call status for alarm responses for all facility equipment and utility systems.
Main Areas of Responsibilities:
- Independently performs senior level preventative maintenance work on various equipment/systems including Water for Injection, Clean Steam, Clean Dry Air, Purified Water, Waste Inactivation, Plant Steam, HVAC, Bioreactors, Fermentors, Filtration Skids, process pumps, autoclaves, Clean in Place skids, laboratory instrumentation, refrigerators, freezers, incubators.
- As a highly skilled specialist and SME, implements troubleshooting and repair of utility systems and equipment and/or coordinates with Plant Services or outside vendors to perform maintenance work onsite.
- Oversees and maintains continuous support for alarm response call out to ensure uninterrupted services for facility equipment and utility systems.
- Leads the annual BSL3 facility shutdown. Plans project timeline, coordinates activities between internal and external partners, maintains parts supply, oversees shutdown activities and facility inactivation/activation procedures.
- Assists management in development and delivery of technical training for new and existing maintenance technicians.
- Develops procedures and work plans for maintenance tasks. Maintains quality standards when populating or executing relevant documentation (work orders, work plans).
- Adheres to Abbvie’s code of conduct and safety policies. Ensure that GxP and safe work policies and procedures are followed/maintained in accordance with established company policies.
- Proficient in clean room gowning qualification to work within manufacturing clean rooms and participates in the Select Agent Program for BSL3 access requirements.
- Associate degree, college certificate, or formal apprenticeship and 5+ years related work experience or other relevant technical degree; or HS diploma with 10+ years related work experience or relevant certificate with 7+ years work experience; or BS in Engineering with 3+ years related work experience.
- Possesses excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with management, co-workers and customers and work well in a team environment.
- Self-motivated and demonstrated willingness to take on new approaches/technologies and additional responsibilities.
- Articulates ideas in a clear, concise manner. Actively listens to and encourages input before taking action.
- Consistently delivers on commitments and responds to customers’ needs in a timely and courteous manner.
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance
- Ability to inspire and lead others in areas of your expertise
- Learns fast, grasps the "essence" and can change course quickly where indicated
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality
Significant Work Activities
Continuous walking for prolonged periods (more than 2 hours at a time in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.