District Manager, AS- Northeast
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Regional Manager - Sales (RM) is responsible for managing and directing the activities of field-based Aesthetic Surgery Representatives (PSR). The RM is responsible for meeting or exceeding the goals for sales revenue and profit by implementation of the Aesthetic Surgery marketing strategy. Identifies and develops business relationships within targeted physicians. Ensures marketing plan execution within each region and conducts meetings, conference calls and co-travels as required. Manages employee related issues such as hiring, training, development, coaching, while maintaining high standards of regulatory compliance.
1. Region Performance
RM’s are responsible for the achievement of the Region’s sales objectives through regional sales personnel by executing compliant sales promotions of Allergan Medical products, maintaining customer base, developing new markets, and obtaining new customers. RM must consistently achieve quarterly and annual sales quota (attainment). Consistently provides appropriate direction, evaluates progress and monitors the success of the plan to ensure proper execution. This is accomplished through the use of effective planning, execution and coaching of assigned personnel.
2. Region Development and Management
Improves region sales performance or processes by identifying business needs and implementing plans to build or correct. Also participates in activities that help contribute to the improvement of Sales Operations, Marketing, Training or Communications results or processes.
a. Motivation: motivates all ASR’s to attain territory quotas and improve skills on a continuous basis.
b. Quota Allocations: develops quotas for all regional ASR’s that challenge them to perform and reward them for attainment.
c. Be a business advisor: ensures that all ASR’s have a plan to effectively communicate and execute all programs within territory by assisting in their strategic approach and persuasive verbalization to all target accounts.
Co-travels in field: Spends time in the field conducting field visits that enable effective coaching for ASR’s to improve their skills, territory management, and sales performance.
3. Team Leadership
Manages the recruitment, performance and development within the Region. Identifies promotable candidates and ensures their development based on applicable career paths. Identifies strengths and opportunities for team members and identifies development plans. Ensures annual work performance reviews are completed and administered in a timely manner. Exhibits leadership style consistent with operating in a constantly changing environment. Manages the regional expenses to ensure that costs are in line with the operating budget.
4. Market Share
Manages the regional efforts to earn increased market share on a constant basis.
a. Ensures effective targeting by all ASR’s to convert business on a regular basis.
b. Collaborates with ASR’s, SAM’s and BDM’s to leverage portfolio and maximize our ability to convert customers from the competition.
c. Assists all regional personnel to make adjustments to their strategic approach to ensure that share gains occur on a consistent basis.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of sales management experience
- 7+ years previous medical sales / training / marketing experience
- 3+ years of Surgical Sales experience required
- Able to travel up to 50% of time
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of medical device industry preferred
- MBA preferred
- Operation room knowledge preferred
Essential Skills and Abilities
- lead and function effectively in a high performance team – able to provide constructive feedback and coaching to motivate improvement in employee performance,
- coach and develop others using strong analytical, decision making and results orientation skills,
- grow and lead teams,
- identify decision makers and influence decisions,
- manage and prioritize work load, multi-task and manage a diverse mix of issues, responsibilities and challenges,
- manage budgets, expenses and execute plans, and
- communicate scientific/clinical features and benefits of a product.
- excellent communication skills and presentation including podium skills,
- strong analytical and problem resolution skills,
- exceptional organization skills, and
- high degree of flexibility in adapting to a rapidly changing environment.
Demonstrated (proven) experience:
- Interpersonal and client relationship skills,
- Sales Leadership - market shares gains and conversation of competitive accounts,
- Business Acumen - understanding of market dynamics, key business drivers, and marketing plan directives in a compliant manner, pricing decisions and price modeling, using IT automation, applications and mobile devices
Significant Work Activities
Driving a personal auto or company car or truck, or a powered piece of material handling equipment
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.