Finance Analyst – DHQ Commercial
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Job Title: Financial Analyst
The Finance Analyst will support all aspects of the Latest Best Estimate (LBE), Update (UPD) and Key Plus/Minus Planning Cycles for US Commercial. In addition, this role will assist with the Quarterly landing process. US Commercial has approximately $40 Billion in Net Sales and $30 Billion in Division Margin with five unique business units. The Analyst will interact with multiple Finance stakeholders who support the brand teams to provide guidance and support in terms of timelines, deliverables to ensure accurate consolidation and reporting of financials during all cycles – LBE, Update and Actuals vs multiple benchmarks for the US Commercial, Global Commercial and Corporate Submissions.
- Consolidate P&L, Headcount, Capital, Balance Sheet, Blue Plan proposals and Plus/Minus items.
- In conjunction with manager, prepare and consolidate LBE/UPD presentation decks
- Prepare financial data loads ensuring appropriate tie-out for required submissions to Global and Corporate Planning systems.
- Provide relevant variance analysis and develop meaningful schedules where needed to enable stakeholders in understanding and managing the business.
- Assist broader DHQ teams with other planning (LRP / Plan) tasks as needed.
- Assist in completing the Quarterly Landing forecast
- Assist with developing and maintaining calendar to effectively manage and meet tight deadlines.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- 2 years of progressive and related experience.
- Strong financial, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to operate independently, lead multiple processes and meet tight deadlines while balancing competing priorities.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and build strong relationships with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Knowledge of TM1 and ASPIRE a plus.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.