Senior Account Specialist, Chronic Migraine - San Antonio, TX
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Envision working with energetic colleagues and inspirational leaders. Allergan is always striving to find top sales talent. Be Bold and grow your sales career with the pharmaceutical industry leader!
Account Specialist, Cervical Dystonia/Chronic Migraine
A “perfect” candidate for this role is someone with sound knowledge of neurology, physical medicine & rehabilitation, or pain medicine sales with 5+ years of experience in a related industry and can demonstrate solid results.
Successful candidates have at least 3 of the following types of experience:
- Neurology, physical medicine & rehabilitation, or pain medicine sales
- Selling to academic medical center and/or DOD/VA Treatment Facilities
- 5+ years of industry related sales experience
- Working with residents, fellows, and/or pharmacy managers
- Strong sales performance rankings Buy & Bill and/or Specialty Pharmacy products
The Cervical Dystonia/Chronic Migraine Account Specialist (CD/CM) is responsible for overall BOTOX® sales, account management, and approved education within targeted Neurology clinics, hospitals and institutions.
Responsibilities include effective utilization of all Allergan approved resources to advance the business, to include: delivery of the product and on-label promotional messages enhancing attending injecting skills botulinum toxin education for residents and fellows and other key hospital audiences delivering clinical programs facilitating Key Opinion Leader (KOL) relationships development of relationships with key formulary decision makers, and maintenance of formulary status.
- Promote BOTOX® to meet/exceed sales goals in targeted clinics, hospitals, and institutions.
- Cervical dystonia anatomical information and training, including the appropriate use of anatomical terminology to describe muscle attachments and their relationship to muscle function describe how muscle function affects postures describe/train muscle localization for injections.
- Chronic Migraine anatomical/procedural information and training the BOTOX® Chronic Migraine injection paradigm while highlighting various anatomical and injection insights and considerations.
- Provide BOTOX® education and clinical/injection training for residents, fellows, pharmacy, and other key hospital personnel.
- Identify/uncover customer needs (training, clinical, operational, reimbursement) and address with appropriate Allergan resources.
- Continually analyze the business and develop/execute a business plan that will enable identification, training, and ongoing development of new BOTOX® injectors and advocates.
- High collaboration required with overlapping Chronic Migraine and Spasticity and Movement Disorder Account Specialists to meet customer and organization frequency requirements.
This position can be filled with either a Senior Account Specialist or Account Specialist depending on experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher is required
- Minimum of 5 years sales experience, preferably pharmaceutical, medical device/equipment, industry related
- Documented history of strong sales performance
- Experience selling in neurology, physical medicine & rehabilitation, or pain medicine sales is preferred
- Experience selling in academic medical center and/or DOD/VA Treatment Facilities is preferred
- Experience in managing a complex sell with multiple decision-makers is preferred
- Experience working with residents, fellows, and/or pharmacy managers is preferred
- Experience with Buy & Bill and/or Specialty Pharmacy products is preferred
- Experience selling in a clinical/technical/consultative sales role is preferred
- Ability to lift/pull 50–100 lb. training models
- Valid driver’s license
- Excellence Focused
- Boundaryless Mindset
- Open and Authentic
- Strategic Foresight
- Engage. From Day 1. You are a bold leader who wants to make an impact. We listen to your ideas and your questions, so we can be even better at what we do.
- Develop. Learn every day, build new skills every day. We prioritize development, so our leaders are always ready for the next challenge and opportunity.
- Reward. Exceptional performance creates exceptional opportunities and rewards. Financial awards and incentives are just a part of this - we invest in our people celebrate successes through recognition programs promote healthy lifestyles and work-life balance. We offer amazing benefits most of which start on your 1st day at work (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k – company match up to 8%, Tuition Reimbursement, and much more)
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.