Scientist, Molecular Biology PCR - POC Medical Devices
Micropoint Bioscience, Inc., a global provider of Point of Care (POC) testing systems and solutions, is seeking a highly motivated R&D Scientist to join its nucleic acids product development team in support of MBI’s naLabs testing product pipelines.
- You will be an experienced molecular biologist who has deep knowledge and extensive laboratory skills in nucleic acids sample preparation, amplification and detection of infectious pathogens
- As a key member of the naLabs’ multi-disciplinary project team, you will provide decisive actions related to subjects of molecular and cell biology, workflow, assay, reagents and protocols
- Work closely with other members of the team to meet project milestones and goals in a timely manner
- Work with MBI’s R&D scientists, engineers and marketing team to research, develop and improve medical POC diagnostic products
- Participate in POC testing product development including feasibility, verification and validation, manufacturing transfer to ensure that products are in compliance with FDA and EU regulatory requirements and standards for clinical in-vitro diagnostics applications
- Work to develop and optimize new reagents and protocols into finished products
- Design and carry out experiments on human/animal specimens (e.g., whole blood, nasal swab) with standard laboratory instruments to verify and validate performance of our POC devices and systems
- Interface with suppliers to identify and acquire performing and quality reagent kits or components. Collaborate with suppliers to formulate, optimize and supply new custom-made reagents as needed
- Troubleshoot assay and workflow to improve performance, quality and reliability of our POC devices and system
- Analyze, summarize, and report data generated from experiments, providing actionable conclusions
- Present data internally to development teams, management and/or marketing teams to inform project progress and drive new product development
- Work closely with QC Department in providing DHF documents. Assist in transfer of product development to manufacturing, providing detailed and complete technical information and documents related to the transfer process
- Provide technical support to products marketing and sales
- Sr. Scientist, PhD in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology or related fields with at least 5 years relevant experience.
- Scientist I/II, BS or MS in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology or related fields with at least 1-3 years relevant experience.
- In-depth knowledge and strong hands-on experience in molecular biology methodologies such as RNA/DNA extraction, RT-PCR, reagent formulation and optimization and fluorescence detection
- Comfortable to work with non-standard laboratory instruments and prototype of POC devices
- Excellent collaboration, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to articulate and present data, ideas, problems and solutions
- Ability to learn new skills and work in a fast-paced, highly productive and changing environment