Chief of Staff, Clinical
Summary:Bolt is seeking a highly effective individual with both strategic and tactical skills to provide support to Bolt’s Chief Medical Officer and Clinical Development programs. This person will possess broad knowledge about drug development and act as a key advisor on both daily operations and special projects related to Bolt’s Clinical Programs. With strengths in the areas of communication and project management, the Chief of Staff will partner with the CMO in three key areas: ensuring high quality communication materials for use both within and outside of the Clinical department, identifying opportunities to develop efficient departmental processes, and providing support to increase departmental clinical and scientific knowledge. The Chief of Staff will enhance the effectiveness of the Chief Medical Officer and act as a valuable resource for the Clinical team.
Responsibilities:Reporting to the Chief Medical Officer, responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Coordinate and develop executive presentations inclusive of latest clinical data for investment analyst briefings, earnings calls, Board of Directors, road shows, etc
• Provide rapid response to ad hoc requests for information from Business Development, Legal, and other internal functions
• Co-ordinate drafting, review and submission of clinical publications
• As needed, provide support to functional leaders preparing for key internal and external meetings, ensuring consistent quality, tone and formatting for Clinical presentations
• Manage the day-to-day administrative and fiscal activities of the CMO office
• Provide project management support for CMO office meetings
• Help CMO prepare for key meetings and presentations
• Coordinate projects, efforts and personnel across functions within the development group and across groups within the company to ensure communication and collaboration
• Interface with external agencies to facilitate organization of investigator meetings, ad boards etc
• Conduct literature searches and compile clinical information to inform CMO office on competitive landscape
• Take on special projects as needed
• 10+ years of multi-disciplinary experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry with 5+ years direct experience in Clinical Development
• Advanced scientific degree (PhD, MS) a plus
• Knowledge of oncology therapeutic area and immunotherapy approaches strongly preferred
• Highly skilled at communicating scientific and clinical information within the drug development environment, including expert use of Powerpoint and other presentation tools.
• Significant cross-functional leadership capabilities - ability to lead, collaborate and influence
• Critical thinker with pragmatic approach to problem solving
• Possesses the judgement, skills and knowledge needed to appropriately represent the CMO in both internal and external meetings
• Exceptional project management skills
• Competent budget development, tracking and resource mapping skills
• Conducts well organized, productive, issue driven meetings
• Strong EQ with excellent interpersonal skills
• Effective at identifying opportunities for continuous improvement of processes and systems, and the ability to implement improvements in a collaborative, team oriented manner.
• Energetic, highly organized, detail-oriented, and a team player
• Viewed by colleagues as an excellent resource and valuable consultant on a broad variety of topics
• Unquestionable ethics and integrity
• Proficient in relevant software/platforms: MS office suite, Sharepoint etc.
Who We Are:
Bolt Biotherapeutics, based in the San Francisco Bay Area, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing Boltbody™ Immune-stimulating Antibody Conjugates (ISACs), a new class of immuno-oncology therapeutics that have eliminated tumors following systemic administration in preclinical studies while also developing immunological memory, which may lead to more durable clinical responses for patients. This is a unique opportunity to join and build, with like-minded colleagues, a company that will transform the lives of individuals with cancers.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package.