Principal Veterinary Scientist
TSR Consulting Services provides best in class staffing solutions to clients nationwide, by staying true to our relentless focus of exceeding the highest professional IT service business standards. Today, as a NASDAQ company specializing in IT consulting and staff augmentation, TSR continues to expand and transform its services to meet and anticipate its clients and candidates needs. For more than 53 years, TSR's has been a leader in the industry because of our expertise and knowledge of the job market, our compassion and caring of our clients and consultants and our work environment of respect and inclusion. Your career is in good hands with TSR because at the end of the day, if YOU THRIVE, WE THRIVE.
Our client, a leading Pharmaceutical company is hiring a Principal Veterinary Scientist on a contracting basis.
Work Location: Princeton NJ
- Will be involved in all aspects of the veterinary care program for large and small animal species, while providing technical support for multiple thematic research centers
- Responsibilities include maintaining high quality health care and records for all laboratory animals; assisting with experimental protocol design and review of IACUC protocols; providing professional consultations and scientific support to investigators; participating in the rodent health monitoring and vendor animal health quality assurance programs; providing supervision of veterinary scientists; implementing staff training and development to support regulatory compliance; participation in a rotating on-call schedule for weekend, holiday, and emergency coverage; performing or providing oversight of surgical procedures
- The ideal candidate will have a strong commitment to animal welfare, promotion and transparency of biomedical research, the 3Rs
- Should have experience working independently on clinical veterinary cases and be able to assist with training staff on the veterinary care and husbandry of research animals as mandated by federal law, regulations, accreditation standards and policies as set by the IACUC
- DVM or VMD or equivalent plus a current license to practice veterinary medicine in the US
- Understanding of the biology and medicine of laboratory animals as acquired by completion of a post-doctoral program in laboratory animal medicine or another veterinary specialty is strongly desired
- Applicable clinical experience with a wide range of species
- Practical understanding of the use of personal protective equipment to prevent injuries and exposure to zoonotic agents
- Ability to successfully collaborate and develop effective working relationships with research and VS staff from diverse educational and technical backgrounds
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and guidelines for the care and use of laboratory animals is strongly desired
- Board certification or board eligibility from the American College of Laboratory Animal Medicine (ACLAM) or other recognized AVMA specialty certification is preferred