Description of Responsibilities
- Serves as a subject matter expert for executing a broad range of immunological project at the IRF-Frederick.
- Guides leadership on important advances in immunology theories and practices and introduces state-of-the-art ideas and methods to enhance the immunological capabilities of the institute.
- Actively solicits collaborations from academia, industry, and/or government partners that incorporate modern immunological concepts.
- Develops and oversees the conduct of immunological assays such as flow cytometry, cytokine analysis, magnetic bead sorting for population analysis, qPCR, ELISpot, and ELISA.
- Publishes results in peer-reviewed national and international journals.
- Communicates progress and/or problems with programs/projects to key leadership via oral and written progress reports.
Required Skills and Experience
- 4 years of specialized training and research experience (post-doc)
- Strong publication record
- Experience working in BSL-2 and BSL-3 environments
- Seasoned leadership experience supporting scientists and technical support staff
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Understanding of laboratory information management.
PhD in immunology or related field
Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency
Laulima Government Solutions, LLC is a fast-growing government service provider. Employees enjoy competitive salaries; a 401K plan with company match; medical, dental, disability, and life insurance coverage; tuition reimbursement; paid time off; and 10 paid holidays. Laulima Government Solutions, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of individuals with disabilities and veterans. We are proud to state that we do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please click here to request accommodation. We E-Verify all employees.
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is comprised of industry-recognized government service firms designated as Native Hawaiian Organization (NHO)-owned and 8(a) certified businesses. The Family of Companies (FOCs) includes Ke`aki Technologies, Laulima Government Solutions, Kūpono Government Services, and Kapili Services, Po`okela Solutions, Kīkaha Solutions, LLC, and Pololei Solutions, LLC. Alaka`ina Foundation activities under the 501(c)3 principally benefit the youth of Hawaii through charitable efforts which includes providing innovative educational programs that combine leadership, science & technology, and environmental stewardship.
For additional information, please visit www.alakainafoundation.com