Response Team Lead
• Lead a team of scientists supporting activities for preparedness and response to outbreaks of high consequence viral pathogens in field settings.
• Support research with refined animal models for biodefense agents and facilitate testing of human samples associated with naturally occurring outbreaks in the high containment environment.
• Potentially participate in deployment rotations to international and domestic sites.
• Assist with Ebola virus disease survivor surveillance and research activities in Africa.
• Comply with the NIH Division of Occupational Health and Safety requirement for satisfactory completion of the Biosurety program and Select Agent program.
• Play a role in ensuring that the biosurety program promotes a security conscious culture.
• Comply with the physical security, protection of the division’s property, protection of information, cyber security, agent protection, control and accountability, safe disposal and waste handling, and personal security guidelines set forth by the division’s Biosurety program.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Experience working effectively and respectfully with diverse groups in international settings.
• Familiarity with the conduct of clinical laboratory diagnostics, including molecular, immunologic, and virologic testing.
• Ability to obtain/maintain DoJ Security Risk Assessment (SRA) approval.
• Must be willing to be immunized with licensed and FDA approved Investigational New Drugs (IND) recommended for persons at risk to occupational exposure of biological agents.
• Must be willing to participate in periodic drug screening.
• Must have the ability to obtain/maintain certification in Chemical Personnel Reliability Program and/or Biological Personnel Reliability Program.
• Must have the ability to obtain/maintain CDC Select Agent Program approval.
• Willingness to work under BSL-2, BSL-3, and BSL-4 conditions. Able to wear respiratory protection.
• Experience with viral Select Agents is highly desired.
• Good Clinical Laboratory Practice (GCLP) experience is preferred.
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Basic understanding of laboratory information management systems (LIMS).
• Demonstrate interpersonal, oral and written communication, and organizational skills.
• Demonstrate ability to work independently, design experiments, and analyze data.
• Master of Science degree from an accredited college or university; PhD highly preferred.
CITIZENSHIP/SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Must be a US citizen or permanent resident.
• Individual must be able to meet the requirements for Individual must be able to meet the requirements for T3 level investigation.
Laulima Government Solutions, LLC is a fast-growing government service provider. Employees enjoy competitive salaries; a 401K plan with company match; medical, dental, disability, and life insurance coverage; tuition reimbursement; paid time off; and 10 paid holidays. Laulima Government Solutions, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of individuals with disabilities and veterans. We are proud to state that we do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please click here to request accommodation. We E-Verify all employees.
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is comprised of industry-recognized government service firms designated as Native Hawaiian Organization (NHO)-owned and 8(a) certified businesses. The Family of Companies (FOCs) includes Ke`aki Technologies, Laulima Government Solutions, Kūpono Government Services, and Kapili Services, Po`okela Solutions, Kīkaha Solutions, LLC, and Pololei Solutions, LLC. Alaka`ina Foundation activities under the 501(c)3 principally benefit the youth of Hawaii through charitable efforts which includes providing innovative educational programs that combine leadership, science & technology, and environmental stewardship.
For additional information, please visit www.alakainafoundation.com