PMO Program Head
NCBI is part of the National Library of Medicine (NLM) at the National Institutes of Health (NIH). NCBI is the world's premier biomedical center hosting over six million daily users that seek research, clinical, genetic, and other information that directly impacts biomedical research and public health - at NCBI you can literally help to accelerate cures for diseases! NCBI provides free access to petabytes of biomedical and genomic information, and scientists all over the world use its products. NCBI's wide range of applications, platforms (node, python, Django, C++, you name it) and environments (big data [petabytes], machine learning, multiple clouds) serve more users than almost any other US Government Agency according to https://analytics.usa.gov/.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist leadership in overall program management of NCBI Offerings and associated products
- Review strategic and tactical plans for NCBI Offerings and participate in all quarterly reviews of products and selected high visibility Initiatives
- Manage a team of project managers and scrum masters assigned to support the product development and program management of NCBI Offerings
- Working with various stakeholders within the organization to review/establish/revise procedures, best practices, operational frameworks to ensure efficient and effective use of resources
- Working with others in the organization to defined and establish training and coaching programs in support of Agile methodologies
- Assist leadership in establishing organizational budgets
- Manage administrative PMO support staff in generation of monthly budget/progress reports and management of quarterly reviews
- Prior experience establishing and running a PMO within an Agile development environment
- Formal education (minimum: Bachelor's degree) in Computer Science or related field
- Managerial experience within technical arena (software development)
- Exceptional project and program management experience in enterprise environment
- Demonstrated strong experience managing and coaching software development product teams using Agile methodology
- Demonstrated experience defining organizational governance requirements
- Experience working in fast paced, unstructured environment
- Experience working with product management leadership
- Experience managing external vendors and vendor contracts
- Experience establishing and managing product and projects budgets
- Effective verbal and written communications
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience
- Master's degree preferred
- Experience with scientific or biological data a plus
- Experience as software development technical lead and/or technical manager
- Experience in a research and development (R&D) environment with demonstrated ability to analyze problems and propose multiple solutions
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you'll get...
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals - we've got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.