Senior Enterprise Architect
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Defines a high-level enterprise-wide architecture focusing on the mapping of IT capabilities to business needs. The focus is on defining the relationships, flows, and implementation of business, applications, data, and technology in the enterprise and the transitional process necessary for implementing technology in response to changing business needs. Manages the linkage between strategic planning, performance management, and investment management.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for compliance with applicable corporate and divisional policies and procedures.
- Create new architecture models that contribute to organizational effectiveness. Act as a thought leader and evangelist in Enterprise Architecture activities. Provide planning and discipline to ensure that investments in process improvement, information, and technology support the organization's strategic goals, enabling quick responses to change in market conditions and new opportunities. Ensure alignment of EA with business and BTS strategies. Provide leadership and direction for EA activities.
- Provides strategic consultancy support to customers in defining or designing business processes and researching and identifying enabling technologies based on customer requirements.
- Proactively drives strategic business thinking to gain maximum benefit from the system. Innovates solutions to problems having significant and long-term impact. Recognized as expert in solving problems related to multiple areas of specialization.
- Influences people outside area/cross-functional/sphere of influence. Establishes extensive intradepartmental interactions and initiates interdivisional interactions to develop a network of support both within and outside of AbbVie. Interfaces with senior management on significant matters, often requiring the coordination of activity across organizational units.
- Thorough knowledge of the customer's business process and environments. Knowledge of requirements and regulations impacting the customer. Strong awareness of the customer's industry.
- Establishes linkage between BTS Strategy and the business strategy. Contributes to the introduction of improved processes through tools, training, or technology. Develops long range plans and strategic direction of IT based on the business direction.
- Works in consultative role towards predetermined goals. Is responsible for adhering to project and overhead budgets and schedules.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, or related discipline. Master's Degree preferred.
- At least 12 years of experience in a variety of IT roles including technical, application development, business systems, and data management. At least 5 years’ experience managing projects. Additional experience in setting IT strategy, formal product evaluations, interactions with senior IT management, and managing multi-divisional and cross-divisional teams.
- Experience in sophisticated business environments across EA frameworks.
- Proven ability to innovate with a history of new or improved technology solutions with remarkable impact on company productivity.
- Technical background in healthcare, laboratory diagnostics, medical devices, or pharmaceutical companies.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.